Posted on 21 December 2016
Senior Graphic Design Teacher at Represent Recruitment LtdOur client has an incredibly unique opportunity for a passionate graphic designer to share their practical skills and knowledge to the next generation of creative talent, without having any prior teacher training or experience, in a role that includes 8 weeks of paid holiday per year.
The role requires a keen design eye, industry insight, patience and the desire to give back. Have you mentored a design team and loved every minute? Trust us— there is no greater feeling than helping a student fulfil their dream of becoming a graphic designer.
We’re looking for:
– Passion – Eats, breathes and sleeps design
– 5+ Design Experience – Solid design experience with an outstanding design portfolio. (No teaching experience required.)
– Communication – Strong communicator both visually and verbally
– Efficiency – Well organised, with exceptional time management skills
– Skilled – Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
– Personality – Someone with a positive attitude who works well as part of a team
– Ability to guide Juniors and critique work
– Technically minded, and open to learning new things (not set in ways). The course and content is vary fast pace and updating constantly, we need someone who can handle this and be happy to adapt to the way we teach things
– Experience working in digital, UX, UI – comfortable and confident in this area
– Happy to work in a high pressured environment, constantly working with the students in the classroom environment (not behind one computer all day)
– Ability to multi-task
– Ideally lives locally – the 7.45am start requires someone who doesn’t have to travel for hours.
Some important facts:
– Monday to Friday, 7.45am – 5.30pm
– Holidays – 8 weeks paid holiday a year
– Prior teaching experience is not required
– Competitive salary