Posted on 23 December 2016
Senior Strategist at Cult LDNOverview
The Senior Strategist plays an integral and pivotal role at Cult LDN. Ideally you will have an avid interest in technology and its innovative application in marketing, this coupled with sector experience in luxury, fashion, beauty and lifestyle is a plus. As a senior strategist you will lead the team by developing and presenting strategic marketing recommendations.
Overall purpose of job
As a senior strategist your role will be to collate crucial data that ensures all Cult LDN strategies are well informed and laid out, you will know our clients well and generate a robust blueprint to ensure we deliver success to their brands and products.
This role will require the delivery of clear and insightful briefs which will be a fundamental part of the job. As a senior strategist you will have desire and enthusiasm for understanding the client and consumer. You will inspire co-workers to feel the same.
Solving problems is your ‘nom de guerre’. Your analytical mind, will ensure strategies are productive and generate client satisfaction and often surpass expectation.
- Taking a leading strategic role on key clients and should collectively run all major clients with a view to creating the best solutions for each team.
- Showing leadership within Client teams: setting a positive example, reviewing and critiquing, giving guidance on how to finesse and improve etc. Responsible for ensuring clarity and consistency of team-work, and staff improvement.
- Representing the agency in a positive light, e.g. by speaking at conferences, writing articles, participating in industry events
- Building positive relationships with senior people within the industry.
- Develop and maintain a forward progressive motion throughout Client teams and the company as a whole
- Build strong client relationships (where Clients respect and value what we do) especially with key decision makers.
- Be a trusted and respected member of agency team in the eyes of the Client by being recognised within our industry as consistently delivering the most innovative, forward thinking solutions - - Be viewed as the key contact on the account by all Clients.
- Consistently deliver on time and within budget.
- Identifying potential problems, issues & opportunities in time to take appropriate action.
- Managing communication between Clients and agency partners by keeping the right people informed in the right way at the right time.
- Managing Client profitability by monitoring workloads and hours over time to ensure we are in line with fees.
- Specifically demonstrate an ability to proactively grow role with Client and business.
- Where appropriate, cross-pollinate other Cult LDN products, divisions and offerings into existing and new Client relationships.
Essential skills and aptitudes
- A proven track record of increasing company turnover with evidence of growing business year on year
- Proven track record of successfully identifying and converting new business opportunities
- Sector knowledge and understanding of best practice
- Ability to communicate knowledgeably about social and digital strategies
- An acute eye for detail
- Analytical experience - demonstrated through communications with the team and clients
- Proven experience in leading high profile pitches and understanding what is required as part of the response
- A team player with the ability to work under own initiative
- Experience managing a wide variety of stakeholders and senior personnel to achieve desired outcome
- Able to work quickly, accurately and under pressure
- Flexible, adaptable and diplomatic
- Excellent at communicating with team, clients and prospects
- Leadership and management experience
- Professional attitude to work at all times