Posted on 2 January 2017
Senior Designer at Tack PressTack Press, publisher of Jocks & Nerds and Disegno, is looking for a senior designer to work across both titles, as well as for the company’s creative agency Tack Studio.
The senior designer will work with the magazines’ two editorial teams and their creative directors, as well as external stakeholders on a wide variety of print and online projects. It is a high-pressured job that involves working to tight deadlines, commissioning photography and illustration, laying out the magazines according to existing templates, and liaising with printers and repro. There will also be a range of print and digital collateral to design, including everything from media packs to invitations and special project proposals.
Tack Press is looking for a talented graphic designer with a keen interest in art, design and fashion, and an impeccable eye for detail. Candidates should have a minimum of three to five years’ experience working for a magazine or creative agency at designer level. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their experience in producing creative visual solutions, while adhering to brand guidelines. They will have worked on editorial content, as well as having experience in preparing documents for print and following the printing and proofing process.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone keen to take a step up in responsibility and develop their skills and experience in a rapidly growing publishing house.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Work closely with the editors and (external) creative directors of both magazines to develop content
• Commission and art direct photography and illustration for Disegno and Tack Studio
• Liaise with the Creative Director on image choices for Jocks & Nerds
• Lay out both magazines according to existing templates
• Artwork, PDF and make print-ready both magazines
• Use existing brand guide lines to develop material such as invites, newsletters, media packs and proposals
• Liaise with publishers and creative directors on paper and print
• Liaise with external repro for all image correction
• Liaise with external clients on artwork for adverts, logos and correct colour profiles
• Keep the Tack Studio website up to date with project information
• Lead and develop a designer apprentice programme
How to ApplyPlease submit your CV, covering letter and samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 30th January 2017.