Posted on 3 January 2017
Senior Creative Design Manager at FarfetchWho we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
DON’T CHANGE FASHION FOR A SEASON. CHANGE IT FOREVER.
The Farfetch marketing team is one of the largest within the business. You will have exposure into all of the work our brilliant teams do, from revolutionary editorial features and storytelling, global ad campaigns, to the ins and outs of running a world class in-house PR desk, this is the chance to work with some incredibly creative and innovative fashion and tech professionals.
FOR THE MOST CREATIVE CURATORS IN FASHION.
As Creative Design Manager, you are a confident leader and role model who coaches designers in best professional practises and behaviour. With an innovative spirit, you will contribute beyond the assigned tasks and actively seek new ways of presenting stories to add value to the overall Farfetch creative vision. You will support a highly creative and agile team of designers, working closely with the Creative Director to help evolve the Farfetch brand, both on and offline.
The role requires an understanding of the importance of a clear brand message in all visual communication and the ability to combine this effectively with the best practices in website usability. Respecting the Farfetch visual brand guidelines, this role includes ensuring that all Farfetch visual content and editorial projects are executed with these guidelines in mind to deliver a consistent message that is easily understood by the user.
You will be an experienced Creative Design Manager, with world-class demonstrable experience in the fundamental artistic and design-leadership principles, whilst having excellent knowledge of design and fashion photography, both on and offline.
What You’ll do:
• Support the Creative Directors vision whilst managing the UK creative team and its overall creative duties, both on and offline
• Brainstorm, discuss and generate creative design and layout ideas with the Editors and other team members
• Design editorial to agreed deadlines
• Ensure that all design is done with a full understanding of online and offline best practice, adhering to the Farfetch brand guidelines
• Support the Creative Director and Art Editors on concepts and ideas for photographic shoots, and from time to time being available to attend and oversee the shoot
• Drive the editorial design process with the team under the guidance of the creative director
• Manage art budgets
• Promote a safe environment for open critique and feedback within the team.
• Support the creative and professional development of the creative team, embedding coaching and knowledge sharing into the daily team activities
• Set the expectation of the highest levels of quality for all areas of design, keeping in mind our values and the global reach of the business
• Collaborate with other department stakeholders to help evolve the Farfetch business
Who You Are:
• Solid experience working within an Editorial, Fashion or web design environment at a similar level
• Ability to effectively lead and manage a team
• A strong creative eye, with a highly-developed visual sense
• A solution focussed approach with the ability to stay calm under pressure.
• Confident and articulate when presenting ideas
• Demonstrable experience delivering content on time and within budget
• A strong communicator, able to brief others clearly on what is needed
• Interested in editorial trends, photography and graphic design across web, magazines and retail with a strong emphasis on fashion
• Anticipating trends and presenting proposals to ensure the design does not become outdated
• Strong attention to detail
• Good understanding of fashion/fashion brands
• Professional attitude and a real pride in quality of work
• Problem solver with strong organizational and follow-up skills
• A dedicated team player
• Good cultural awareness
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
• Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
• Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
• Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships
How to ApplyPlease apply by sending your CV through to the link below