Posted on 3 January 2017
Designer & Art Director at SpokeDESCRIPTION
This is an unusual opportunity to be part of an exciting growth story. We’re onto something at SPOKE - we’ve grown 5x in 2016 - and we know that building and burnishing our brand with clear and striking visual handwriting will be a big part of our continuing success.
We are looking for someone to spend approximately 2 days per week working for SPOKE, on a continuous basis. This would suit a freelancer who is looking to give themselves a regular and reliable baseline of work.
As our Designer, you will:
• work with the Head of Brand Marketing to develop visual ideas and concepts for quarterly campaigns, carrying these ideas from mood boards to final visual assets, and delivering across a broad range of printed and digital media, including video.
• develop our brand’s visual vocabulary and handwriting into something coherent and consistent (working from our existing brand guidelines)
• plan shoots (including the selection of photographers / videographers), and direct on the day
• select key images from shoots, direct the retouching process and manage / file the assets
• execute on middleweight design tasks - developing the finished artwork for everything from email newsletter images to complete catalogues.
• Source lightweight design support where needed (e.g. for retouching), briefing and managing these designers as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
• the ability to originate striking visual ideas within a clear and consistent brand framework
• a rock solid design toolkit - the ability to bash out artwork efficiently and effectively (using Adobe suite), and to manage assets in a rigorous and organised way
• a good, intuitive understanding of Jack, our 25-45 graduate / professional customer
• an authentic interest in menswear
• experience at producing detailed artwork for printed material, and knowledgeable of both litho and digital print processes.
• excellent adobe CS skills and a knowledge of digital ad formats.
• 5+ years of experience as a designer and/or art director.
• a mix of agency/freelance and client-side experience
How to ApplyTo apply, please send a portfolio of your work, focusing on pieces that are relevant to the job description we’ve laid out - spoke.workable.com/jobs/399426
Please be sure to include a short cover note explaining why you think you’d enjoy this role.