Posted on 3 January 2017
Developer at Sony MusicOverview:
Sony Music's Digital Creative department has a need for a new Developer. The role will report to the Head of Digital Creative.
Sitting centrally within Sony Music, the Digital Creative team works with the frontline label groups (including Columbia, RCA, Syco, Epic, Insanity, Ministry of Sound and Black Butter) as well as the Commercial Group to conceptualise, design and develop exceptional websites, apps, banners and other online creative.
You will need to be committed to producing high quality work and have a great eye for design. The right candidate will be enthusiastic, collaborative and confident.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team and make a real contribution to its success.
- Work closely with the Digital Creative team to design, develop and maintain cutting edge solutions to artist campaign briefs
- Liaise with the Digital Creative team and other stakeholders to ensure project delivery is prioritised and on time
- Work with Head of Digital Creative and Digital Producers to present deliverables to clients
- Working with APIs and exploring the use of data (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Spotify, Google Maps)
- Test, identify and solve technical problems
- Participate in creative brainstorm sessions alongside the Digital Creative team, clients and other stakeholders
- Keep up-to-date with recent tech and design developments, and think of innovative ways to incorporate them into projects
- Understand campaign objectives and how each digital project fits into the overall strategy
- Fluent in HTML5
- Knowledge of CSS
- Demonstrable portfolio of creative applications
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously; manage and prioritise a high volume workload
- Keen eye for design
- Passion for exploring new techniques and solving problems
- Hunger to learn and use new skills and techniques
- Keen to share knowledge and work collaboratively
- Highly organised and motivated
- Enthusiastic and engaging; able to communicate with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Calm under pressure and able to multitask with ease
- PHP experience
- Use of WordPress
- Experience of connecting to APIs
- Experience of code deployment methods (e.g. Git)
How to ApplyApply online via our careers portal: