Posted on 5 January 2017
You will have a direct impact on the progress and development of the company and its products as it moves into the next exciting stage of growth and development which will see a generation of new products in response to market trends.
You will sit within the UK team, working closely with the Product Owner and fellow specialised FE and BE developers in collecting requirements, specifying, building and testing new features and functionality.
You must be able to troubleshoot support requests from internal and external users, build out demonstration cases for new projects and write the best possible documentation against your code.
You will have strong all round development skills and understand what’s needed to make your code scale and perform optimally. You will possess a keen interest in researching and experimenting new technology and are a thought-leader in your field (you will be free and encouraged to publish your thoughts on the company blog).
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate experience with the following:
- Extensive PHP 5/7 knowledge
- Strong MySQL skills and the knowledge to write fast, optimised queries
- Strong experience working with OO framework (e.g. Cake, Zend, Symfony, Phalcon etc.)
- 5+ years commercial experience working on projects.
- Experience with API development (REST or XML-based)
- Excellent documentation skills
- Experience working with Git, Github, Pull requests
- Experience of securing data and authentication methods
- Integration with Web Services or APIs using a variety of styles, such as SOAP, REST and RPC
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Basic knowledge of an Unix development environment (Unix computer, VM, vagrant, virualbox, docker, Lamp/Wamp...)
You will also need to:
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be able to commute to our central London office (remote work is possible after your probation period, usually up to 2 days a week)
- Have commercial experience working on apps or software that are not a CMS
The following criteria are desirable and would be an advantage, but are not essential.
- Experience with AngularJs (1)
- Experience working with Jira
- Experience with SCRUM processes and routines
- System administration skills (Ops, devOps, Unix… any) and/or AWS is a bonus.
- Provision of client support, including troubleshooting, investigating bugs and providing quick fixes and long-term solutions that don’t hinder optimal performance
- Working experience with oAuth, SSO, LDAP, Cronjobs, Rest APIs, Redis, Beanstalk, Varnish
Good to have:
- General knowledge of iOS and Android platforms
- Experience with Cordova, Ionic or similar frameworks
- Developing native apps
- Video streaming technologies: ffmpeg, Wowza Media Server, video players
- Experience developing secured applications
- Experience working in ISO or SOC environment
- Experience working with CMS
In return for your hard work and efforts you will receive:
- A market-level salary commensurate with your experience, skills and capabilities
- Annual holiday entitlement
- A Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- A desk in our light, open space just minutes away from the vibrant Shoreditch / Old Street area, in the heart of London’s tech industry
- As much tea/coffee you can drink, plus use of a shower, fridge and dishwasher
- Discounted gym membership (in the basement of our building)
- Fantastic market food every day, only a few minutes walk away
- Awesome and reliable colleagues to drink beer or coffee with
- Your own laptop that you can use to work remotely
We ask that you send us your CV/portfolio and a covering letter as an initial expression of interest. If we like what we see then we will conduct a short telephone interview with you. If we still like what we see, then we may conduct a coding test and/or invite you in for an interview thereafter.