Posted on 5 January 2017
Junior Designer at Design PortfolioWe’re looking for a junior designer to join our creative team. This is a varied role working across a wide range of clients and media producing corporate communications collateral such as annual reports, corporate websites, marketing brochures, employee engagement material, sustainability reports etc. You'll need to respond to client briefs with considered creativity and innovative thinking ultimately to produce designs that influence and connect with the various key stakeholders.
Design Portfolio (DP) is a growing corporate communications agency which works with some exciting and well known FTSE brands such as Zoopla, Greene King, Just Eat, easyHotel, TalkTalk and Domino’s Pizza to name just a few. Established in 1991, we have built a network of offices and a knowledgeable and dedicated team. We are the complete corporate communications partner to our clients, delivering integrated communications strategies through all print, digital and video.
What we’re looking for in you
The role itself offers the opportunity for someone to join and support six other designers in our London-based office located in Canary Wharf. We’re looking for an individual who is eager to learn, enjoys working with others, has a keen eye for detail and, above all else, takes pride in all of their work.
For this role, we are looking for someone who:
• has a university degree (preferably 2:1 or above) or relevant experience;
• wants to gain experience of working in a busy corporate communications agency environment;
• has a can-do attitude and is able to manage their own workload, liaising with internal production teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget;
• is able to communicate well with colleagues and clients at all levels;
• has excellent attention to detail and relishes a creative challenge;
• has strong typographic and layout skills; and
• keeps up to date with the latest design techniques and applications.
• A portfolio that demonstrates strong conceptual skills and ideas carried out across multiple channels.
• Proven experience delivering across a variety of channels, specifically print, digital and video.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
• Lots of enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
• InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop skills required; AfterEffects and Keynote skills would be a bonus.
We offer a competitive salary depending on your level of experience. Initially we will be offering a six-month fixed-term contract with a two-week probationary period. Upon successful completion of the contract, additional fixed-term contracts or a permanent role may be discussed.
How to ApplyHow to apply
Please email your covering letter and portfolio to email@example.com.