Posted on 5 January 2017
Designer at The Labour PartyThe Labour Party is seeking to recruit a Designer to work within our Elections and Stakeholders team. The successful candidate will work on high quality multi-platform projects allocated to them by the Head of Design Studio, ensuring that all items conform to the Party’s corporate style and promote a coherent visual identity across all media.
The successful candidate will need excellent attention to detail, experience of designing materials for publication across a range of media, experience of managing competing priorities, the ability to work proactively with a variety of stakeholders.
1. To deliver all projects for which they are responsible in accordance with agreed schedules, prioritising jobs to meet deadlines.
2. To attend briefing meetings with internal clients for jobs allocated to them by the Head of Design Studio, progressing projects from concept to the completion of work.
3. To work closely with the Senior Designer to ensure design jobs are delivered to the highest standard and within the Party’s corporate style and identity.
4. To design printed materials, digital content, merchandise, event signage and branding and items for any other medium.
5. To provide advice, assistance and training to Head Office and regional staff on the correct use of the Party’s corporate identity.
6. To work with external advertising agencies to ensure that bought media or party political broadcasts interpret the Party’s corporate image correctly and work alongside other corporate materials.
7. To liaise with members of the Print team working on procurement and fulfilment tasks for the jobs they have designed.
8. To carry out any other reasonable task as directed by the Head of Design Studio.
• Knowledge of the aims and values of the Labour Party.
• Advanced Adobe Creative Suite/ Indesign user and competent in Microsoft Office applications.
• Knowledge of print technology.
• Knowledge of pre-press formatting of design files.
• Experience of managing competing priorities.
• Branding experience.
• Experience of designing materials for publication across a range of media, including print, digital media and display graphics.
Skills / Abilities
• Ability to apply an analytical approach to the interpretation of client briefs within corporate style guidelines, producing original and innovative design work.
• Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision, working to tight deadlines in a busy environment with changing priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work proactively with a variety of stakeholders.
• Strong administrative and organisational skills.