Posted on 15 February 2017
Graphic Design Lecturer at ShillingtonPart-time Graphic Design Lecturer, Manchester or London
Love graphic design and want to inspire the next generation?
Shillington is on the lookout for passionate graphic designers to share their practical skills and knowledge with the next generation of creative talent. Could you be our next London-based full-time teacher?
Teaching at Shillington requires a keen design eye, industry insight, patience and the desire to give back. Have you mentored a junior designer and loved every minute? Trust us—there is no greater feeling than helping a student fulfil their dream of becoming a graphic designer.
We’re looking for:
* Passion – Eats, breathes and sleeps design
* 5+ Design Experience – Solid design experience with an outstanding design portfolio. (No teaching experience required.)
* Communication – Strong communicator both visually and verbally
* Efficiency – Well organised, with exceptional time management skills
* Skilled – Advanced knowledge of Adobe CC InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
* Technical – Digital and UX experience. Experience using Sketch a plus.
* Personality – Someone with a positive attitude who works well as part of a team
Some important facts:
* Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday 5.15pm - 9.30pm
* Prior teaching experience is not required
* Working with an experienced teaching team and be trained in how to teach.
* Approx 2 hours class prep per week
* Term time is from Sept-Jul. Semester dates can be found on our website. www.shillingtoneducation.com/uk/graphic-design-course/course-dates-and-fees/
* We have a 1 week break at Christmas and 1 week break in April. At the end of term in July, we are closed for the summer.
How to ApplyHow to apply:
If you are interested in teaching, please send through a pdf of your portfolio and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Only shortlisted applicants will be notified**