Posted on 16 February 2017
Designer at BandcampBandcamp is seeking a mind-bogglingly talented individual for our design team to help us create new products and features, improve existing ones and make our site and mobile apps shining beacons of wonder for all who gaze upon them. You will design. You will code. You will have a positive impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of artists and their millions of fans each and every day. You will feel good. You will feel as good as I do right now.
* You are a user-experience/interaction designer and visual designer.
* You will be able to take your ideas from sketches to mockups to production-ready HTML/CSS.
* You understand that design is how a product looks and how it works.
* You love digging into a problem, discovering the underlying issues, crafting solutions and measuring the results.
* Your work exhibits a refined, clean, contemporary visual aesthetic.
* You know about typography and how to best use it across mediums.
* You have an irrepressible joie de vivre that permeates your work and elevates it from good to great.
* You have a natural curiosity that drives you to learn and investigate.
* You are skilled at giving and receiving design criticism and appreciate its importance as part of the design process.
* You have conducted user tests and used the findings to address design issues.
* You are an excellent writer and communicator who enjoys sharing your thoughts and work with your peers.
* You have done some amazing work to date and are certain your best work is still ahead of you.
* Bonus: You have experience in animation, illustration, print, video and/or photography.
* Your portfolio reflects all of the above.
* You live in any part of the world, but your work schedule overlaps with GMT-7 at least four hours each day.
Recent and soon-to-become graduates warmly encouraged to apply. Seasoned practitioners with pliable wills in no way discouraged.