Posted on 6 March 2017
Lead UX Designer at HypitAbout Us:
Hypit is an iOS and Android app which allows people to discover the most personalised recommendations of places to go around the world. We are about to launch on the app store so you’ll be joining us at an exciting time, just off the back of all the hype! We’re looking for an ambitious, focused and truly talented Lead UX Designer to help take Hypit to the next level.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a start-up at a pivotal stage on its path to success and be a key player in a small team of young talented individuals, situated by the tech hub of Old Street, London.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check out our website:
About the Role:
As Lead UX Designer you will be working closely with our product owner and team to shape the user experience of Hypit across iOS and Android platforms. You will be the only designer, which means you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact on the product’s UX / UI and have a real input in defining our product roadmap. You will be analysing new functionality with the product owner, exploring user journeys, sketching and creating prototypes before implementing the final UI for development. You’ll be continually evolving and improving the product based on user testing and analytics.
- Have an impressive portfolio of past work
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, collaborative and iterative environment
- Understands how to work closely with the product owner to develop design concepts that are feasible and usable
- Good visual design skills, understanding of iOS and Android app practices
- In depth knowledge of the user - centred design process and able to adapt to different tasks at hand
- Able to work closely with devs and good knowledge of technical feasibility
- Ability to create personas, user journeys and technical specifications
- Experience creating sketches, wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Confident using Sketch, the Adobe CC Suite and prototyping tools such as Marvel
- Comfortable with presenting ideas to the team for discussion
- Iterates according to user testing feedback and data
- Great communication skills
- A real team player
- Self learner - constantly seeking to improve and keeps up to date with the latest design trends and tools, you need to be eager to learn
- Motivated - our vision is huge and we want to take on the big players