Posted on 6 March 2017
Product Developer at Tatty DevineJOB DESCRIPTION – Product Developer
Reports to: Creative Director and Managing Director
Summary of Role
Tatty Devine is looking for an energetic, proactive and enthusiastic Product Developer to oversee the development of all new products from design inception through to production. This role is responsible for managing the development critical path, both with the Tatty Devine Production Team, external suppliers and the Creative Director.
• Manage the sampling process for all new designs; including workshops, collaborations and the redevelopment of archive pieces.
• Develop design concepts into 3D prototypes by producing laser cutting files and refine the product throughout the sampling process.
• Drive the development critical path through weekly meetings with the Production Team to ensure all deadlines are met whilst understanding the needs of the business.
• Creating a pricing document for all new prototypes. Ensure accurate timing information is recorded for each stage in the sampling process to inform product price.
• Produce technical specification sheets for all designs and manage the handover of all developments to the production team in Kent
• Manage third party suppliers of made goods including findings, enamel goods, embellishments and printing.
• Work with the Creative Director to source new materials and drive cost efficiencies.
• Deputise for the Creative Director in their absence ensuring development deadlines are met.
• A minimum 2 years experience working in a production/ product development environment, specifically in jewellery.
• Experience of managing a busy critical path and effectively liaising across departments to achieve results on time.
• Lasercutting experience
• Sourcing and negotiating experience
• Materials experience with precious metals, plastics, plating, leather, moulding, textiles, and semi-precious jewels.
• Budget Management
Key Skills required
• Excellent IT skills – including Illustrator and CorelDRAW and a good command of Excel for data manipulation and reporting
• Excellent team player and adept at building effective working relationships
• Drive, determination and able to make decisions
• Proven ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Great attention to detail
• Troubleshooting skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Passion for the creative industries.
Salary dependent on experience
20 days holiday (this excludes bank holidays)
Generous staff discount and one piece of jewellery per collection to a pre-agreed
Contributory pension scheme in line with the Government Auto Enrolment guidelines