Posted on 9 March 2017
Artworker at DHP FamilyRole: Freelance Creative Artworker
Location: Nottingham – Head Office
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Hours: up to 35hrs a week
Due to an exciting period of expansion we are looking for freelance creative artworkers to call upon at certain times of the year to meet the growing demands of the concerts division. Artworkers will be selected on their availability and suitability for the project/s.
This is an interesting role, that combines an eye for detail, consistent knowledge of design practises and printing and the ability to communicate effectively with high profile clients to deliver work that fits their brief.
Working within the marketing department you will be predominately designing and artworking across a wide range of web and print projects - for the marketing of local and national concerts and tours – taking briefs from clients to fulfill their requirements within the agreed timescale.
We are looking for experienced Artworkers with solid CS skills, who are able to deal with urgent requests and work to tight deadlines confidently. Ideally creating work flows that negate the need for repetitive tasks.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Creative Artworker or Graphic Designer to develop their career working on some amazing accounts and build important relationships within the creative industries. It is also a great chance to join a multi-skilled and vibrant team, delivering creative and innovative concepts.
• Expert knowledge of design software, – principally InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, but also Dreamweaver and Flash/Animate CC where appropriate.
• A good understanding of brand guidelines and the skills to interpret and adhere to them accurately.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills to cope with several projects at a time, working accurately under pressure and ensuring the client’s exacting standards.
• A communicator who is confident with remote client liaison and the ability to take, interpret and deliver work of consistent quality, within very tight timeframes.
• Process driven, with the ability to balance numerous projects simultaneously and under pressure, meeting tight deadlines with enthusiasm and efficiency, while maintaining complete accuracy.
• Organised, with the ability to co-ordinate work load according to priority, manage their time effectively and maintain filing systems of artwork collateral and assets.
• An exceptional eye for detail, with a love of accuracy.
• An understanding of printing processes and preparing artwork for print, pre-production and flight checking. As well as experience in design, typesetting, formatting and colour correction.
• Proactive with a keen, enthusiastic and a flexible attitude.
• Able to work independently as well as in a wider team.
• A love of live music and knowledge of DHP and the music industry.
• Designing and adapting existing artwork for the promotion of major national tours, festivals and general marketing collateral. Including tour and individual adverts for magazines & newspapers, posters, flyers, outdoor advertising and some online content.
• Submitting designs for approval, liaison with the clients for possible changes and updating the marketing team at the approval stages.
• Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues and clients and providing excellent customer service.
• Making amends to and working from templates within the DHP branding guidelines but also with scope to be more individual & creative where requested.
• Where necessary, working with DHP venues to ensure their concert needs are met and contributing to other team member's workload as directed.
• Effectively managing workloads within agreed timescales, completing work in a thorough and timely manner and keeping all projects on schedule.
• Proactively monitoring artwork quality, accuracy and consistency and actively contributing toward optimising ways of working within artwork production.
• Understanding and contributing to the creative vision of department.
• Following DHP brand guidelines and maintain delivery of consistent message across all assets.
• Other DHP marketing & design tasks, within reason.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a great team player, confident in their own abilities and able to proactively influence clients and manage expectations, while still taking feedback on board to create artwork that fits the brief.
You will be a positive problem solver with a can-do attitude, committed and reliable who can work well under pressure and relishes the challenge of working in a fast paced and fun environment.
With an understanding of working to brand guidelines and experience of working with a range of media across print and online.
You should be a creative problem solver who also has excellent attention to detail, time management and organisation skills. Happy to report on progress at key stages of the design and artwork process.
The ideal candidate should be capable of managing various projects at once and be able to work to tight deadlines. With a methodical approach to archiving images and artwork.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
We value all applications, however due to the volume of response we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience closely match the requirements of our clients.