Posted on 9 March 2017
Communications Manager at SAM LabsCommunications Manager
Founded in October of 2014, SAM Labs is an award-winning startup East London. We make app-enabled construction toys for kids (of all ages): SAM.
Leading with the latest IoT and Digital-Gaming innovation and the latest findings in education research, SAM has built the LEGO® of the Future. SAM combines an app and wireless hardware blocks to teach kids of all ages, genders, races and ability levels to unleash their inventive potential through play. Each SAM Block has a unique skill: a button, light, motor and more, and uses Bluetooth to connect to the SAM app and to each other. With SAM, create anything from a Twitter-powered car to a motion-powered light sabre!
You will be part of the Marketing team, working with the Head of Sales and Marketing, to grow and develop the communications strategy and external façade of SAM Labs through all media channels. You will build, connect and maintain the strategy across social media, press, newsletter, and internal communications, being SAM Labs’ voice to the public. You will be highly motivated to get placements and to output quality social media posts, whilst determined to break KPIs and analyses down to a science. You’ll be prepared for the expected and unexpected and have an innate talent of planning and organisation. A chameleon character, you’ll be ready to take on anything and bring the voice of SAM to life!
We move at high speed, and will provide you with immense opportunities for initiative, creativity and leadership. You will be part of a highly international team of motivated and talented people on a mission to be key players in the future of toys and games.
- Creating and delivering integrated PR and digital marketing strategies and campaigns from start to finish, reaching target
- Creating go-to-market launch strategies alongside key stakeholders to effectively roll out key product launches
- Seeking out new opportunities whilst managing the marketing budget to make strategic decisions to advance the business
- Conceptualising, drafting and pitching fresh new ideas to press, media and influencers to secure global coverage
- Building close relationships with media and influencers to create key partnerships for SAM
- Running the Thought Leadership program with the CEO via the planning and organising of relevant speaking opportunities
around the globe
- Creating a sustainable social media strategy to implement across the following channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,
LinkedIn, YouTube, and Medium
- Writing and maintaining the newsletter strategy across both the education and consumer facing sides of the business to
promote awareness, retention and/or sell through
- Writing and editing briefs to the content team to create assets needed throughout various areas of the business
- Undertaking all internal copywriting
- 3+ years of relevant and proven experience in Communications, PR, Social Media or a similar field - client side preferred
but not mandatory
- Experience of brand management and communications capacity
- Experience managing budgets
- Excellent writing, presenting, and conversational skills
- Some experience with analytics and social posting tools (Meltwater, Sprout Social, Google Analytics)
- Driven by results with exceptional time management skills
- Equipped with a “can do” attitude and a sense of humour
- Previous startup experience is a bonus
We work pretty hard and your thoughts and ideas are likely to be challenged by everyone in the team, including Jacob in design, Kevin in software, Cyrille in operations, and Joachim in execution. At the same time, Chiara will try to get people to do sports, Tim will make sure you can have a go at board games and Giulio will give us plenty of new music to listen to.
Salary: dependent on experience
How to ApplySubmit your application on our website
>> samlabs.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0mvyk <<