Posted on 13 March 2017
Creative Artworker/Designer at The Bright GroupJob Description: Creative Artworker/Designer
Bright is a leading illustration agency, providing creative content for clients across Licensing and Publishing. In this role it is important to understand the needs of each agent and their creative division, supporting the London & New York offices and working with the part time US designer to coordinate design consistency and efficiency. Bright’s systems are currently under development, so there is scope to be a part of establishing brand design and guidelines for the new website and beyond. This is an opportunity to be part of a resourceful and forward thinking team, working across print and online to take ownership of and developing existing processes and instigating new design projects.
• Plotting monthly activity and prioritising brief requests, managing deadlines, copy and image requirements
• Carrying out fast-paced design briefs for both online and print marketing across our different creative departments
• Developing ownership over all design related processes
• Communicating effectively with colleagues for clear briefs and prompt delivery of artwork needs.
• Designing and updating the main Agency, Licensing and Emporium homepage sliders; publications dates, workshop events, new artists, publication and trade show banner ads
• Maintaining key collateral such as the artist and clients’ handbooks for digital pdf and print formats
• Designing adverts and images for editorial and advertising features in industry publications
• Designing and coordinating visuals for presentations for meetings, launches and other presentations that agents or marketing require
• Coordinating design for trade shows including designing portfolio sheets for all agents and preparing and ordering design or branded collateral needed for trade shows
• Establishing a strong relationship with printers and the knowledge of different types of processes and papers. Maintain existing relationships and develop new where needed.
• Mac literate essential
• Tech savvy, with an interest in the latest technology developments
• Strong knowledge of design programs in the Adobe design suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc).
• Applying a marketing understanding with the AIDA system with high quality performance and constantly developing design skills.
• Demonstrate creativity, originality and flexibility, with good resilience during periods of high pressure
• Ability to understand clients’ needs and find practical solutions
• Good teamwork skills
• Strong artistic sense with the ability to work to briefs and close attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task on many projects at one time with strong initiative
• Confidence in presenting and explaining ideas
Bonus additional skill:
• Experience or interest in UX and web design
Hours: Working 5 days a week from our Clapham Junction based office, Monday – Friday
Salary: Dependent on previous experience