Posted on 15 March 2017
Mid-weight Digital Designer at Represent Recruitment LtdThe role of UI Designer is key to the creative team. As a UI Designer you must have a digital mindset, capable of concepting and creating digital experiences that extend beyond UI.
You should be a competent user interface designer (comfortable using both Photoshop and Sketch) and be able to demonstrate an understanding of UX and interaction design principles. A practical understanding of HTML and CSS are beneficial. Keen attention to detail and a systematic approach to design are essential.
You would be working alongside a talented design team that strive to bring brands and experiences to life using a multifaceted digital approach.
- Experience exploring and producing visuals including concepts, journey flows and design patterns to aid the design process
- Confident collaborating in a team working with other designers, strategists and content creators
- Systematic design thinking with high attention to detail
- Good presentation skills, with the ability to explain design choices and actively participate in design crits
- Interpret and translate wireframes/prototypes into final visuals
- Confidently capture and articulate specific design interactions to developers throughout project work
- Experience in creating engaging interactive user experiences
- Ability to collaborate with the Experience Design team but also the wider studio
- Ability to prototype and an understand UX and IA
- Understanding of the limitations of hardware & software technologies
What we look for:
- 3-5 years experience
- Has experience designing cross platform products
- Has experience working with native applications, responsive web and ecommerce
- Is confident conceptualising and implementing design systems
- Has experience working in tandem with brand teams and as part of a larger programme of work
- Is capable of considering UX systems, (UX experience is beneficial but not necessary for this project)
- Proficient in Adobe Suite, Sketch and Invision
- Someone who isn’t afraid to challenge the norm and to be challenged.