Posted on 20 March 2017
Graphic Designer at Institute for Optimum NutritionGraphic Designer
Location: Richmond, London
Contract term: Fixed term (9+ months), full time
Salary: £25,500 per annum
An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and talented junior to mid-weight designer to join the in-house design team of an established and growing independent education charity on a maternity cover contract.
The Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION) has been successfully training Nutritional Therapists for over 30 years and offers courses to the growing number of people interested in learning more about nutrition.
The successful candidate must be able to see a brief through from initial concept to final print-ready / digital-ready artwork.
The role involves working on projects from branding and collateral (such as fliers) to digital projects (such as weekly emails and monthly newsletters), to layout of documents, to the editorial design of our quarterly magazine.
This role will be ideally suited for a junior to mid-weight designer or a graduate with professional experience looking to take the next step in their career development.
• A degree in Graphic or Digital Design, Visual Communications or similar
• Good working knowledge of the Adobe Suite (with great proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
• A highly creative portfolio showing a breadth of projects across various mediums
• Excellent layout skills and typography application
• Able to develop new ideas (either to evolve or revolve) for identities, branding, guidelines, and the various applications that each demand
• An understanding of print and digital processes
• Able to work with a senior designer and other team members to develop ideas for briefs
• Ability to communicate and report in a clear and effective manner (verbal + written)
• Excellent organisational skills – you are able to prioritise and organise multiple activities
• Able to work under own initiative and in collaboration with various departments
• Good illustration skills would be beneficial
• An interest in nutrition or food in general
• An interest in video post production
• A basic understanding of HTML/CSS – to understand capabilities of platforms (no coding will be required)
We offer a welcoming and supportive working environment with generous holiday entitlement and opportunities to grow and develop within the role.
For more information and a job description, please visit www.ion.ac.uk/jobs
Our mission is: “To educate and enthuse, instilling optimum nutrition as the foundation of health for all”.
Committed to Equality and Diversity, The Institute for Optimum Nutrition is an independent educational charity. Registered company number 2724405, registered charity number 1013084.