Posted on 27 March 2017
Print Design Manager at Jo Malone LondonJo Malone London has an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Design Manager to contribute to our in-house creative team. The ideal candidate is a hands-on conceptual thinker with strong visual presentation skills, meticulous craftsmanship and a passion for great design. Must be organized, have great communication skills, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment while also managing and mentoring a team of graphic designers.
You will be a key driver of creative excellence, helping to move the needle towards more emotional, story-telling creative executions that weave content into all areas of the brand. Projects will range from hands-on design of advertising campaigns, product launches and collateral from conception through to print production. Key responsibilities will include managing and mentoring the 2D design team, planning and directing photo shoots, marking up proofs, evolving our style guides, templates and processes.
Jo Malone London is a creatively driven company. The position is very collaborative and requires a high level of industry knowledge, social savvy and professionalism.
The role includes:
- Evolve and elevate Jo Malone London’s visual presence while supporting and maintaining its already-strong brand DNA.
- Liaising with Global Creative Digital and Packaging teams, Global Marketing and P.R on the role out and implementation of designs.
- Evolve the look and feel of Jo Malone London.
- Partner with Global Communications and Global Marketing to find cost-effective ways of maximizing Brand Impact.
- General production and design support for all programs.
- Align across departments on objectives of launches that are creatively driven.
- Drive concept ideation for marketing and P.R initiatives based on strategic objectives.
- Concept and design a wide variety of assets including ad layouts, mailers, invites, packaging, signage, and presentations.
- Lead, mentor, manage and inspire the 2D design team, providing thoughtful leadership, sharing best practices and leading brainstorms.
- Collaborate with Digital, Copy, Production to streamline content creation.
- Oversee and provide feedback to relevant outside agency partners
- Stay up to date on the latest design trends, print processes, materials and competitive landscape.
- Meet all deadlines under pressure and react to unexpected schedule changes.
- Substantial related design experience—with some experience of working
- BA degree or equivalent in graphic design, or art direction.
- Proven experience working for a busy company, repeatedly coming up with new and fresh ideas for programs and campaigns.
- Impeccable taste, typographic skills and craftsmanship.
- Ability to lead a team and juggle multiple hands-on projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Deep knowledge of all the relevant software and processes.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative/open-minded working style.
- A great portfolio showing high-end design work for the following: advertising, product launches, campaigns, promotions, invites and other P.R/marketing related projects.