Posted on 27 March 2017
Designer (Store Design) at Jo MaloneAs a Designer, you will work as part of our in-house Store Design team partnering with the Visual Merchandising, Creative and Marketing teams on the evolution and execution of new retail concepts as well as core projects. Designers will be involved in all aspects of the conceptual design process including developing new ideas and evolving the overall aesthetic and functionality of our existing stores. Designers will work on schematic space planning, interior design, pop-up design, fixture design and detailing. It is essential that Designers be able to produce renderings as part of the development and presentation processes. Designers will collaborate with regional design centers and handling some administrative duties. Position will take direction from the Global Store Design VP and requires handling multiple projects and job responsibilities simultaneously under tight timelines. This is a great opportunity to become involved in a growing department as we evolve our Global in-store experience and brand architectural image.
- Develops design renderings for projects and new concept develop
- Develops creative solutions for store fixture layouts and prepares architectural plan and elevation proposals for Freestanding Stores, Department Stores, Perfumery and Travel Retail.
- Actively researches current trends in global culture, retail design, architecture, fashion, art, furniture and materials. Build and maintain archive of visual inspiration and material samples.
- Brings inspirational contributions and design ideas to weekly brainstorm sessions.
- Creates presentation materials for new design concepts in the form of space flow diagrams, design sketches and renderings, image boards, and material sample collections.
- Prepares millwork details for new fixture designs and works with architectural consultants in developing and maintaining the standard fixture library.
- Maintains store design department’s global project tracking list and conducts regular updates with regional design centers to ensure key milestone dates are being met for targeted opening dates.
- Review and approve architectural plans, elevations and fixture shop drawings to ensure design details are accurate and in keeping with global brand standards.
- Maintains departmental records of final architectural drawings and photographs for each store.
- BA in Interior Design, Architecture, or Industrial Design
- Related experience
- Excellent ability to conceptualize spatial designs and architectural brand imaging
- Extremely detail oriented
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and work both independently and closely with others
- Superior organizational skills; ability to plan, prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Proficient in Sketch-Up and VRay for Sketch-up.
Estee Lauder Companies is an equal opportunities employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.