Posted on 27 March 2017
Social Media Manager at Childs FarmDepartment/Location: Childs Farm is located on a farm between Newbury & Basingstoke in Hampshire.
We are true to our roots, so the location means you look out of French doors over a lovely green garden, which leads onto fields and pasture.
We currently share the office with a number of dogs and when looking for inspiration there are also chickens and a cat to chat with. Want an internal meeting? Take the dogs for a walk and talk it over whilst you get some fresh air.
It’s not for everyone, but the setting is pretty magical and it feeds our minds and was the inspiration for the brand.
The business intends to relocate to Central Basingstoke by the end of 2017.
Reports to: Head of Brand
Hours of work: 9-5.30
Salary Range: £30-35k
At Childs Farm happy skin means happy kids, and parents too
Childs Farm uses natural ‘free-from’ ingredients and essential oils to produce a range of mild, kind and delicious-smelling toiletries that care for the hair and skin of newborns, babies and children.
However, unlike other products for sensitive skin, the Childs Farm range smells so delicious and looks so fun in the bathroom that every child will want to use it. Its natural ingredients are gentle yet super-effective at doing their job of cleaning and moisturising. This means that families no longer have to buy different toiletries to care for the different skin needs of their children, and that little ones with sensitive or eczema-prone skin will never again be left out of bath time fun with their siblings and friends.
Childs Farm in the market:
Childs Farm had its major launch to market in 2014 into National retailers Boots and Waitrose. The launch was supported with traditional marketing – print, sampling, front cover sampling, PR, product placement - but it was also, unusually for a SME, supported by the launch of a 20 episode Cartoon on the pre-school Cartoonito channel, with a supporting ad and sponsorship campaign on the Turner suite of channels.
Childs Farm has experienced incredible growth since launch, and is now available nationwide in Boots, Asda, Waitrose, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, Ocado, Amazon, John Lewis, Holland & Barrett, Co-op, and major independent pharmacies and stores.
The expansion growth plans for 2017 are extensive and exciting, with plans to double the business levels and substantially grow our brand awareness.
The culture of Childs Farm:
Childs Farm is looking for a thoroughly organised, engaging individual to work in our brand/marketing department. You must have drive, common sense, determination, buckets of confidence, a hands-on approach, can-do attitude and fun all wrapped up in a disarming smile! Our Brand strategy for the year ahead encompasses using word of mouth to drive brand awareness, so there must be a genuine interest in babies, children and parenting.
A sense of humour is a must; we are a fun, playful and slightly bonkers brand (have you ever seen a pony at the hair-dresser?!) and it is vital that this person epitomises and embraces all of this as they will be a major ambassador for the brand.
This isn’t a role for someone who enjoys hierarchy, structures and rules. We are an SME so unlike a larger company, our structure is lean, flat and very accountable. This is a rare opportunity for a super organised individual to really make their mark in a fast-growing company.
Reporting to our Brand Manager, the role of Social Media Manager will encompass all facets of social media marketing and will require ideas as well as implementation. The Social Media Manager is the online face and voice of the company, managing communications coming from the brand, and managing and engaging with the community ‘traffic’.
This digital-savvy individual is responsible for all online communications blogs, PR, social media, events, and content creation/ curation. They will need to work with the overall brand strategy to create, and then implement, the social media strategy.
A vital part of the role is community management, using our platforms to create relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand, both online and off. They will also be responsible to tracking and evaluating any activity, and using this to inform future strategy and activity.
Primary Responsibilities As directed by the Brand Manager:
Key tasks Working with
- Communications/marketing strategy – the social media manager is responsible for creating and implementing the social media strategy and the operational plan as part of the overall strategy. - - - Head of brand and wider marketing team
- External suppliers, agencies and media owners
- Analytics – Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- External suppliers and media owners
- Content creation/ curation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels. Production of content, visual and video. Total team
- Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties (Instagram and Pinterest). - Managing the community on Facebook. Childs Farm community, including the Brand ambassadors
- Public relations – managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry bloggers; creating, executing and measuring online media campaigns External PR agency. Health care professionals.
- Customer relations –responsible for customer support via owned channels – answering questions however they come in and managing any online feedback forums.
- Sales and supply chain. External parties where necessary.
Personal Specification and capabilities
- Skills SEO understanding
- Expert knowledge of how to build, engage and retain and grow an online community; via Facebook and Instagram primarily
- Customer relationship management via social channels and experience of crisis management
- Expert knowledge of social media management tools (Hootsuite etc)
- Performance analysis across all platforms and experience of using this to inform strategy
- Good copy writing skills and ability to write to an agreed tone of voice
- High degree of creativity and ability to produce own content
- Content curation and high degree of understanding of “what works” for Childs Farm and its communities
- Social media calendar management and creation
- Agency and 3rd party management
- In-depth understanding of SEO and PPC
- Understanding and working knowledge of Photo Shop
- Some experience in coding.
- Qualities & Attitude Good team player
- Passion for the Childs Farm brand
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written and presentation to clearly communicate objectives, gain alignment and align multiple teams (sales, PR, marketing, design).
- Strategic and analytical thinking: ability to shape a vision and a strategy and translate it in concrete actions/plans.
- Action oriented and pragmatic
- Excellence in execution and attention to detail
- Good stake holder management: ability to influence others, to get results through others. Able to work in a flat, non-hierarchical and non-political Childs empathetic
- Understanding of the dynamics of working in a small business
Qualifications & Training:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent Excel/ database skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- CIM diploma or equivalent
- Over 3 years previous social marketing experience
- Previous social/ digital marketing experience in an FMCG or other B2C environment, with very good analytical skills.
- Working in customer relations via Facebook
- Experience working with grocers and big retailers.
- Product Knowledge
- Adobe Skill suite: Illustrator & Photoshop. Final Cut Pro