Posted on 29 March 2017
Creative Director - Content at MelodyVRBackground:
MelodyVR is the destination for music in virtual reality. We’ve partnered with hundreds of artists to create thousands of virtual reality experiences. On MelodyVR you’ll see International superstars, breakthrough bands, underground DJs, stunning ensemble performances, and everything in between. By putting music in the front and center, we’ll bring musicians and fans closer together than ever before.
We are looking for an exceptional Creative Director to join our team, who is as passionate about music and content and is as excited by technology as we are.
The Creative Director – Content, is responsible for developing the creative content strategy for MelodyVR, working in close collaboration with artists, our record label partners and internal stakeholders to deliver this.
An educated, engaged and enthused music industry is the key to our success, so day to day you'll spend your time educating people on creative opportunities with MelodyVR and managing relationships for all things related to visual and creative. Working in partnership with labels and artists you will develop original concepts and approaches - cultivating innovative, ground-breaking formats. You’ll be responsible for shaping the future of immersive experiences and will be point-person for our original content strategy. You will help to connect musicians with their fans like never before and establish MelodyVR as a world-class brand, driving world-class creative innovation through new technology.
You will oversee multiple projects through to execution, building and managing a creative team to help you. You will also contribute to the development of audience experience and marketing strategies and drive the collaborative efforts of the project’s creative, production and technology teams to exceed expectations.
- Driving, articulating and executing the digital content strategy, in close collaboration with label partners.
- Educating on and evangelising MelodyVR, sharing case studies and best practice.
- Establishing MelodyVR as the cutting-edge authority in VR/future technology for the music industry and the go-to partner for forward-thinking artists.
- Working in close partnership with VP Marketing to build innovative and ground-breaking creative ideas that bring musicians and music lovers closer, like never before.
- Building best practice and inspirational case studies to demonstrate the value we bring to artists and the industry.
- Directing all phases of creative work from concept through production and being accountable for developing and directing creative work of the highest calibre.
- 8+ years experience in a creative leadership role
- Experience working with world-renowned artists and talent.
- Known and respected operator within the music industry
- Creative thinker who's excited to push boundaries and break moulds
- Experience creating, pitching and developing content with international and domestic artists across a range of genres
- A strong working knowledge of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule
- A proven track record in managing creative audio-visual projects across TV, Film or Interactive mediums.
- A deep understanding of the changing music industry dynamics and a strong perspective on the opportunities for new technology including both VR and AR.
- Diplomacy, patience and the ability to understand things from the perspective of a musician
- Smart, ambitious, and hardworking - with a balance of strategic and operational ability
- Comfortable operating within a fast moving, hugely exciting and rapidly changing environment
How to ApplyTo apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Creative Director” in the subject line.
We'd love a covering letter which gives examples of how your experience and work to date fit the skills listed above, as well as a CV and link to your portfolio if you have one.