Posted on 30 March 2017
Creative Director at Hunger Publishing LtdWe’re looking for an exceptional Creative Director to sit across our current and planned media offering in print and digital: Hunger and HungerTV. You will further be responsible for the brand identity across the Rankin group with immediate focus on developing our online presence.
The Creative Director will work to develop the established visual identity of Hunger magazine and all associated products and platforms. You will be instrumental in the continued development of Hunger Publishing working closely with the Managing Editor, Fashion Director, Editor, and Head of Advertising to develop the product on a global scale across platforms and all territories. You will also be responsible for commissioning and briefing talent and will be tasked with ensuring delivery of the highest quality.
The Creative Director is responsible for the Art team and will be instrumental in the management and development of that team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the offering and associated products are delivered to the highest standard within budget.
- Responsible for the design and visual identity of the offering and linked projects.
- Oversee quality of design: Define and agree design and production standards.
- Develop and monitor the house style, maintaining visual identity and consistency across the brand.
- Partner effectively with all departments.
- Contribute to conception and development of creative ideas for the offering and brand projects - especially visual identity.
- Oversee the modification and development of design for existing and new titles and platforms when necessary.
- Lead and nurture the Art team to provide the very highest levels of service.
- Excite, motivate and inspire creativity throughout the department.
- Provide leadership/motivation and convey the vision and values of the group.
- Use excellent presentation and interpersonal skills to present and communicate creative ideas.
- Significant experience of leading an editorial design department across digital and print.
- Experience of designing and developing a product to the highest standard.
- Experience of commissioning and managing exceptional talent.
- A demonstrable passion and understanding of the brand.
- Experienced in managing and developing Art teams and commissioning design projects.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate design concepts, negotiate internally and externally and advise and promote design policy.
If you have all these skills and more, and feel you’d be able to wow us with your application then we’d like to hear from you.
How to ApplyEmail: email@example.com with ‘Your Name – Hunger CD’ in the subject field, attaching a CV and cover letter.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note we apologise in advance but we are unable to respond to every application due to the volume received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.