Posted on 30 March 2017
Integrated Digital Designer at Catalysis CommunicationsCatalysis is a vibrant, creative marketing agency, carrying out exciting, award-winning campaigns for large, global technology companies. Our portfolio of clients includes Autodesk, CA Technologies, IBM, the world’s largest microprocessor manufacturer, HPE, TIBCO and Polycom. We actively encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer a great working environment.
Our dynamic team comes from a range of backgrounds, but we all share a passion for developing and executing exemplary integrated campaigns that delight our clients and drive real results.
Over the past few years, we have recruited a team of talented designers to help us create a range of assets from digital advertising, animation, web design, video content, experiential design and interactive data visualisation through to all sorts of printed materials. These assets help our clients tell their stories and reach their target audiences in powerful, entertaining and informative ways. Here is a portfolio with some examples of our work: staging.catalysis.co.uk/catalysis/folio/
We are now looking for an enthusiastic, creative and skilled designer/ developer to join our studio to help support the design and development of these digital campaigns.
You’ll be someone equally happy working as a designer or a developer and you’ll be expected to wear one, or both, of these hats at any given time, depending on the work that needs doing. You’ll also be keen to develop your existing skills by working with senior creative staff on a range of ambitious and innovative projects. Among other things, you will be responsible for helping to create web experiences for our digital campaigns and assets so an understanding of typography, layout, UI and UX will be important to help the team produce the best work possible.
In return, we will offer you all the support, training, inspiration and encouragement you need to progress in your chosen career.
About the role:
No day will be the same but the types of activities that will form part of your job include:
- Contributing to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members to produce assets from ideas generation stage right through to final delivery. Producing attractive and effective user interface designs across the board
- Helping the rest of the design team bring to life their creative ideas and ensuring a solid user experience across multiple platforms and devices
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members to provide insight and counsel on development issues
- Keeping up to date on emerging technologies and key trends in web and app development and identifying opportunities for us to incorporate these ideas into our client campaigns (external training can be provided to support this)
- Organising knowledge sharing/inspiration sessions
- Supporting the design team in developing Catalysis’s new website (to go live this year)
Key interpersonal/ project management skills:
- Ideally two years’ experience working in an agency environment as a developer and part of a design team
- Managing and directing multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to produce high quality work, regardless of project size
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with stakeholders of all levels (junior and senior/ internal and external)
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Enthusiasm around development and design practices, trends, and methods
- A keen interest in modern and cutting-edge technologies
Key technical skills:
- Proficient in working with the full Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere)
- Visual ideation/creativity
- Comfortable working with independent software such as Sketch and Principle (desirable)
- CSS3 (animations, transitions and transform)
- Media Queries/ Responsive website
- Email development (HTML and inline CSS)
- PHP & MySQL
- Ideally knowledge of how to integrate with marketing automation platforms like Marketo and Eloqua (training can be provided if needed)