Posted on 3 April 2017
Senior Digital Designer at Ted BakerTed's Guide to what the Senior Digital Designer does around here...
Reporting to the eCommerce Deputy Content Manager, the Senior Digital Designer is responsible for the look of Ted’s ecommerce sites, the management of the digital design team and the continued improvement of our digital design aesthetic.You will use creative flair and design nous to juggle sophistication and humour in equal measure,contributing exciting, original ideas while comfortably managing multiple projects.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Displaying enthusiasm & passion for digital design and fashion ecommerce. Leading, inspiringand mentoring the digital design team, encouraging ingenuity and setting the creative standards
- Interpreting the Ted Baker brand online, develop the look of Ted’s online store using brandcampaigns to create seasonal design guidelines, leading the team through the season changeovers
- Being an innovator, championing new design trends & identifying opportunity to utilise newtechnologies
- Working closely with the content editor and front-end developers to deliver engaging, dynamic anduser-focused content
- Managing designs for weekly site changes from landing page changes to editorial features, emails and marketing assets
- Working closely with the in-house photography studio, assisting with creative direction & concepts for editorial photo-shoots.
- Taking on UX projects, providing designs & recommendations, writing functional specs for developers & functional wire frames covering user journeys
Tools of the trade:
- An innovator with a passion for fashion and retail
- A creative thinker and problem solver with exceptional attention to detail
- An excellent communicator who is able to influence at all levels
- Excellent typography and layout skills
- Results orientated with good commercial awareness
- User focused with a passion for new technologies and design trends
- Being able to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Mac literate with excellent skills in Photoshop, Dreamweaver and Illustrator
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 and responsive web design are an advantage
- Good understanding of UI and UX design