Posted on 3 April 2017
Socia Medial & Content Manager - Football/Sport at UnscriptdUnscriptd is looking for a person who is passionate and knowledgeable in football / sport with the skills, experience and energy to lead the development and implementation of Unscriptd’s social media strategy.
As a key member of the Content & Brand team the Social Media Manager will be responsible for administering and maintaining Unscriptd’s social channels – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat and other social channels as required – for creating awesome content and ultimately for with a key metric being the development and ongoing growth & engagement of Unscriptd audience across key social channels.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Execute all aspects of Unscriptd’s social media presence across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other social distribution channels as activated.
- Develop and execute audience development strategies and initiatives to significantly grow Unscriptd social following in priority sports, geographies and demographics.
- Create and promote social conversations to generate consumer engagement.
- Participate in the ongoing and continuous evolution of the social media strategy.
- The primary responsibility of the position is to work within the content team to create and publish highly engaging content, bring the Unscriptd brand to life through its social voice and manage the Unscriptd communities to maximise engagement, drive brand awareness and grow our social audience.
- Create and publish high quality content (written, image and video). From the content ideation, briefing graphic designers / video editors to the final publication on social channels.
- Implement a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific timely activity against sales initiatives and key moments on the sport calendar.
- Provide monthly reports analysing social content performance across channels, identifying insights and key learning’s to optimise the output.
- Be at the leading edge of social content and social publishing.
Our business success and our brand will be defined by our socially driven content; it is our product and is the thing that matters most. To this point the Social Media Manager is a critical position in the success of the business.
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Marketing, New Media, PR or Advertising
- Postgraduate or Master degree in social media, content creation, digital marketing or community management will be highly appreciated
- A minimum of 2 years at a similar position at a creative advertising / content agency or a media publisher.
- Must have proven social media & content experience, with an informed point of view and strong interest in what makes someone share a piece of content.
- Outstanding copy writing skills and ability to bring to life a brand’s voice
- Creativity and ability to effectively communicate ideas in written, image and video format in a highly entertaining way and to identify the most interesting creative angles for a topic / story.
- Ability to create and/or edit visual content (image and video) and therefore use tools like Photoshop, Premiere or After Effects will be highly appreciated.