Posted on 3 April 2017
London Art Department Intern at The Magnet AgencyWith offices in London, New York and Los Angeles, The Magnet Agency is a fast-paced creative agency representing talented artists whose distinct work spans the industries of fashion, film, music, commercials, and entertainment. We represent a number of artists, including set and production designers, lighting designers, photographers, musicians, stylists and beauty stylists. The art department's role is to support agents in promoting our artists through the management of portfolios, archives, our website and various social media platforms.
The role of ‘London Art Department Intern’ is an experience gaining position, involving the provision of attentive administrative support to agents, as well as enthusiastic engagement in the varying aspects of the industries within which we operate. Similarly, we highly value excellent communication skills, on a person-to-person basis as well as in a professional capacity - fostering relationships and connections in order to advance the development of the artist’s body of work, and also consolidating existing client / artist relationships.
The abilities to multitask and prioritize are highly important, along with an interest in fashion, photography, film, music & art and it’s production. As a result, the candidate will no doubt see their work, big or small, directly affect the growth of our artists and the culture of the company.
- Wide-ranging, attentive assistance to agents
- Provide support for artists & agency
- Maintain/Update Instagram & other social media
- Maintain/Update Artist portfolios for Sales meetings
- Generating client specific portfolios
- Image requests from clients
- Digital Archive of all artist images
- Innovative ideas for marketing & promotion
- Help maintain artist portfolios, both physical and digital
- Manage contacts, group mailing lists and usage library
- Pull tears & artist press kits
- Travel arrangements plus booking assistants for shoots & shows
- Research of the creative industries & all that encompasses
- Office Support – Ordering office supplies, answering phones, general office tasks
Necessary Personal Characteristics:
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent collaboration and team skills
- Outstanding communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to details
- Capable of taking direction from multiple sources and prioritizing
- Excellent foresight and follow up skills
- Basic office skills including telephones and standard office equipment, taking messages, and proficiency using Adobe Suite (Photoshop & Indesign, Wordpress, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, Mac OS & Dropbox.