Posted on 12 April 2017
Mid-weight Graphic & Editorial Designer at HemingwayDesignHemingwayDesign are seeking an ambitious and skilled graphic and editorial designer to join our growing multi-disciplinary design team. Our work takes us across visual design, interiors, architecture, place making and regeneration, exhibitions, events, products and fashion – and we do it all with a community-focused and ethical conscience.
Your role here will include working on a variety of visual design projects including identity and branding projects, graphic design for print and digital marketing as well as editorial design for projects spanning place branding, events, placemaking, regeneration and urban design. There will be opportunities to work with freelance photographers, illustrators, copywriters and typographers, as well as art directing.
This is a full-time position with an immediate start.
Skills and experience required:
- Several years of industry experience
- Proficiency in the full Adobe Creative Suite
- A strong portfolio exhibiting examples of conceptual brand identities, packaging design, digital design, beautiful page layouts and typography.
- Picture research and editing skills
- And eye for contemporary photography, illustration, typography, iconography, form, colour, and composition
- A genuine enthusiasm for fashion, beauty, travel, lifestyle and awareness of current trends in print and digital design
- Experience in areas of brand design, editorial design, graphic design for publishing Passion for print magazine, brand identities and packaging design
- Some experience of digital design for websites and social media
- Experience or the desire to work across urban design, interior, place making, graphic, marketing and brand design from conception to completion
- Ability to be versatile, work autonomously and manage multiple work streams and meet deadlines in a fast pace environment
- Highly creative and full of bright ideas
- Ability to build good relationships internally and external
- Active interest and knowledge of current design, media, social and cultural trends
- Rigorous attention to detail, high standards and pride
- Strong communication skills with fluent spoken and written English
Role responsibilities and requirements:
- Work closely with and reporting directly to the creative director / design directors
- Work with a multi-disciplinary design team to deliver urban design, regeneration, architecture, interiors, product, brand, graphic, marketing, fashion and service design projects
- Develop projects from brief / conception to completion
- Prepare design presentations
- Meeting with design team to discuss the objectives and requirements of each project
- Thinking creatively to contribute / produce new ideas and concepts for all HemingwayDesign projects
- Ability to respond to brief and meet objectives and tight deadlines of the project
- Presenting finalised ideas and concepts within tight time frames
- Attend client meetings in conjunction with the lead designer; contribute to meetings and take meeting notes where necessary
- Assistance at HemingwayDesign events including Vintage Festival, Classic Car Boot Sale and Urban Village Fete
Salary and benefits:
- Salary dependant on experience and skills
- Four weeks paid holiday plus all public holidays
How to ApplyInterested in applying for this position? Don’t just send us a CV, but show us what you can bring to the HemingwayDesign posse.
What is required:
- A strong portfolio of comprehensive and creative relevant previous work and CV with experience
- Cover letter outlining why you want to work with us
- Past favourite projects you have worked on, and how they relate to our practice
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Work With Us’ in the subject field
Application deadline: 28 April 2017
No telephone calls or agencies please.