Posted on 17 April 2017
Head of Delivery at MASTERstart: ASAP
contract length: Permanent
reporting to: Company Director
location: London (Shoreditch)
Master is a culturally minded creative agency working at the intersection of creative direction and technology. Our clients span luxury, fashion, and publishing as well as action sports with diverse projects ranging from photographic art direction and printed media to large scale digital editorial platforms.
We are looking for a motivated, positive head of delivery to help guide projects and process across all projects. This as a very unique and important role within the company. We are a very new, small, but growing agency and this is an opportunity to help shape the future of how we operate. In this role you will not only take the lead and responsibility for all projects (managing budgets and scopes as well as other project manager’s when necessary), but you will also be taking the lead on internal process, systems and delivery. We need an individual that is passionate about making sure things are running smoothly and that teams are being as productive as possible — someone who is going to be always looking ahead at what is next and pulling the rest of the team with them.
As large portions of our business is digital, the ideal candidate will have experience managing technical project builds (or be an ex-developer) and a solid understanding of project management methodologies. In essence, you know how digital works and can hold a conversation with developers and designers alike.
The key areas of focus in this role will be scoping and budgeting (new projects), scheduling & delivery (internally and project based), and staff management (recruitment, rates, workload management, on-boarding).
- Experience: The successful candidate must have experience working in a creative agency with a good understanding of the typical roles and workflows across many types of jobs.
- Management: You will have some experience keeping internal teams on task as well as onboarding other project managers.
- Project Scoping – The project breadth casts wide, ranging from strategy and identity design to digital publishing platforms. You will lead project scoping, taking feature requests from clients business and work with the team to transform these into formal requirements
- Project Planning – Ensuring detailed plans are communicated for projects that are in progress or upcoming as well as making sure a roadmap is in place
- Estimating Features/Projects – working with the team to estimate using both top down and bottom up methodologies
- Issue Tracking (Digital projects) - Experience with JIRA or other similar tools would be good
- Responsive Web - Experience managing high traffic responsive website projects
- Planning - Experience with OmniPlan or similar tools
- Technical Knowledge – A good technical understanding of the web, apps and general infrastructure (terms like AWS, EC2, S3, Laravel, MVC, and Caching should not be alien to you)
Day to day:
- Managing the throughput across all live projects
- Weekly (or daily) team stand-ups with team to identify blockers
- Scoping and Budgeting new projects
- Ensuring project budgets are tracked and communicated weekly
- Ensuring documentation is kept up to date and online project spaces remain organised
- Ensuring projects are staffed appropriately, recruiting for staff that are needed
- Experience with data analytical products (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, or similar)
- Current certification in either PRINCE2, PMP or equivalent
- Understanding of software testing approaches
- Comfortable working in a mac environment
- Familiarity with Asana and its role in team task management
- A creative self-starter. We’re a small team and believe that creative ideas can come from anyone
How to ApplyEmail your CV and a short introduction (personal interests, why you would like to work here. etc) to email@example.com.
(No agencies please, unless we already know you).