Posted on 18 April 2017
Digital Designer at forpeopleYou’ll have a deep passion for digital products and services and will be able to tackle complex briefs, transforming them into intuitive, accessible, and beautiful designs that connect emotionally with people. Whether it’s a brand website, software application or consumer electronics device, you’ll create user flows and wireframes to develop your ideas, build interactive mock-ups and prototypes to visually communicate them and follow through to delivery.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Design and develop outstanding digital experiences across a wide variety of screen-based and physical mediums. You envision how people experience products and bring that vision to life in an innovative way that gets to the heart of what the users wants.
- Think of ideas as a system, effectively communicating concepts through digital prototypes, visualisations, use-case scenarios and experience wireframes.
- Create high-quality visual design work, from early concepts through to detailed guidelines and prototypes, liaising with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented accurately and on schedule.
- Help users successfully navigate ideas by fusing iconography, typography, colour, space, and texture.
- Collaborate in an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, brand strategists, project managers, and clients.
- Stay on the cusp of new technologies, processes and industry developments as well as educating and informing your peers at forpeople on digital ways of working.
Who we are.
Forpeople is a multi-disciplinary creative agency, making distinctly human products and experiences for some of the world’s most interesting and innovative companies - including Adidas, British Airways, Coca-Cola, Herman Miller, Intercontinental Hotels Group and Panasonic.
Founded in 2004, today we’re an intensely collaborative group of over eighty specialists, working together in a remarkable old pickle factory in South London across projects that span industrial design, strategy & insight, interiors, forecasting, user experience and brand communications.
Our work is wide-reaching and ever-changing, yet always anchored by a single, simple focus. People. Because ultimately, if design isn’t for people, then who is it for?
Who we’d like to find.
Since 2004, we’ve grown from only four to over eighty by finding the right people – people that don’t only slot right into our studio culture, but bring something incredible to it.
This role requires:
- Experience at a creative agency.
- A degree in Visual Communications or a related design discipline with a focus on digital interaction design.
- Graphics background with website, application and motion design experience with a strong empathy for visual design, making great-looking products that people love to use.
- An accomplished portfolio of innovative and creative work that spans varied sectors and customer touch-points including areas such as mobile interfaces, apps, web and ecommerce, TV interface and automotive.
- Confident working across multiple platforms; Mobile, Tablet, Desktop, TV & POS touch screen, IFE displays.)
- An understanding that motion design helps to tell a product’s story, guiding users, improving usability and making the experience responsive and fun.
- Familiarity with Android and IOS design standards and knowledge of web usability standards.
- Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, After Effects, inVision and Framer (or similar) and quick to learn new technologies and skills.
You’ll stand out if, like us, you:
- Have a thirst for knowledge
- Are creative, optimistic and entrepreneurial
- Are driven to succeed, decisive and can dependably deliver
- Are collaborative, influential and respectful of values
What we offer.
People mean the world to us. That includes looking after our own, with things like:
- Global clients and world-class work
- A competitive salary
- A strong bonus and benefits package, reflecting both company and personal performance
- Training, support and personal career development
- A generous company pension
- A unique, inspiring working environment filled with incredible, like minded people