Posted on 18 April 2017
Visual Designer at DoorDoor is a creative business consultancy. We solve top-tier strategic challenges, invent new ventures and evolve businesses.
We help companies flourish in an era of change by uniting strategy, design, brand, technology and science for originality and superior advantage. Our client base is global and our work spans multiple sectors including automotive and financial services.
We are looking for a driven and versatile visual designer to join us in a role to apply smart, inspirational, creative thinking and craft. Here you will do fascinating and impactful work as part of a bold, ambitious and growing company.
- You’re a smart, dedicated and collaborative designer, committed to delivering impact and problem solving as well as creating beautiful and engaging solutions.
- You don’t think of visual design and communication as a static medium. You love working in different contexts, learning new skills and applying your expertise to diverse design and business challenges from creating multi-faceted, holistic experiences to communicating a new business proposition.
- You are an optimist and someone who builds positive energy in a team. You enjoying collaborating with other disciplines and have an active interest in user experience, product and service design. A thinker, you are curious as to how things work as well as how they look and make people feel.
- You are a fast learner, resilient and driven to see challenges through to successful conclusions. You are action orientated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You have points of view on visual trends, design and brand but also in areas such as business and technology.
- You push for excellence.
- Work on a range of business and design challenges creating solutions that span print, digital, physical.
- Collaborate within interdisciplinary teams to discover, explore and create new products, services and experiences.
- Apply visual craft to enhance and elevate solutions for example making a product easier to use or more desirable or to powerfully communicate a business proposition.
- Bring to life and imaginatively communicate our consultancy work such as insights and research, business and conceptual models and data sets. Create beautiful, impactful presentations and reports.
- Conceive and visualise customer journeys, experiences and services.
- Translate brand DNA into inspiring and coherent design languages, experiences and expression.
- Artworking for production including print and digital.
- Work across the creative journey from research, ideation, sketching and prototyping, crafting final solutions and on-going iteration.
- Mentor and support junior designers.
- Inspire those around you.
Expertise and experience:
- A Degree or Masters in a relevant subject e.g. Visual, Communication or Graphic Design.
- Deep, demonstrable expertise in visual design including 3-5 years of industry experience demonstrating growth and progression.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your passion, thinking, approach, creativity and craft in a variety of project scenarios including print and digital.
- Fantastic attention to detail with a thorough understanding of form, typography and layout.
- A thorough understanding of designing for digital including responsive design and interaction considerations.
- A thorough understanding of design processes and methodologies such as human centred design.
- A thorough understanding of contemporary product development processes such as lean and agile.
- A though understanding and appreciation of brand.
- A good understanding of other core disciplines such as ethnography, interaction and service design.
- In depth working knowledge of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Marvel, InVision, Framer, Principle etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confident to debate the merits of one solution over the next and present and explain ideas to colleagues as well as clients.
- Able to produce assets for print and use in digital applications.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A European passport or UK work visa.
- Demonstrable hand drawing and sketching skills.
- Front end coding skills HTML or frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Active interest in film making, photography and motion skills such as After Effects, Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro.
- Active interest in writing and blogging.
- Public speaking and presenting workshops.