Posted on 19 April 2017
Junior Designer at Pentland BrandsBuilding a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands.
We own Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Speedo, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS, Mitre, Prostar and Red or Dead. We are also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures and Ted Baker footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and are shareholders in other companies such as Hunter, Butterfly Twists, Heidi Klein and Tracksmith.
We’re a third-generation, family-owned business – and we retain strong family values. We care about people, and that’s what drives our day-to-day work. This year the Great Place to Work® Institute recognised Pentland Brands the 11th Best Workplace in the UK and the 16th Best Workplace in Europe. Our global headquarters is in the UK and we employ 2,000 people across 20 countries around the world.
We believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability - generation after generation. The Pentland values are at the heart of what we do and how we interact with the world around us.
For further information, please visit www.pentland.com.
- We are looking for an all-around junior designer/artworker wanting to develop their career and creative skills, keen for a challenge with a ‘can-do’ attitude and an eye for detail.
- Develops trade and consumer facing marketing toolkits, to support campaign and product launches.
- We need someone who can communicate well, working as part of a team and members of our Creative team as directed.
- Comfortable designing and artworking for a combination of channels from marketing campaigns, web assets (banners), emails, branding, POS, window displays and collateral.
- Thrive in a fast paced creative environment and takes responsibility ensuring all projects are executed within tight deadlines to a high standard.
- You require some relevant commercial experience.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Artwork production (preparing files for print). HTML and PowerPoint experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Good understanding of design principals including typography and artworking.
- Moving image or animation experience beneficial but not essential.
- Previous experience providing artworking excellence in a creative environment.
- Ability to develop print ready artwork.
- Digital experience beneficial.
- Mac literate with good Microsoft Office skills (Excel & PowerPoint).
- Commercial experience working with a creative team in Active, Lifestyle and Footwear categories is beneficial but not essential.
What we need to see in you:
- A team player with a pro-active attitude, good listening skills, and the ability to take direction.
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively within the team.
- Passionate about delivering great creative that is commercially effective.
- Confident in their ideas and their direction
- Passionate about engaging consumers and delivering the brand message through every channel available.
- Ambitious and willing to question the norm and push boundaries.
- Motivated by operating in a changing, flexible environment.
- Approachable and friendly; easy to build strong personal relationships
- Calm, organised and a clear thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.