Posted on 19 April 2017
Service Designer at ProvenanceEqual opportunities: Provenance is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Provenance empowers brands to increase trust, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets brands bring the origin and histories of products to the point of sale. At Provenance, we envision a future where every great product comes with accessible, verifiable information about its history and creation, helping us all make positive choices about the things we buy.
We are a social enterprise and our mission to make product supply chains more transparent. Strengthening honest business as a force for good is important to each of us, and we are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remote from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe. The product team is a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers working in sprints, and in close collaboration with the rest of the company.
We are looking for a Service Designer with experience working on digital services to join our Product team. Working as part of a mixed team of designers and developers you will oversee the end-to-end experience of all of our different user types across our suite of tools and interactions.
In addition to working on the core product, you will spend a significant amount of your time working on external client and partner projects, overseeing user research activities and using service prototypes to test ways in which the product could extend to meet those users’ needs.
Your work will inform the further development of the Provenance software service working closely with our core clients (food and drinks brands and retailers), their supply chain (e.g. farms) and their customers (shoppers of food and drinks). You will also work with our valued partners e.g. product certifiers and NGOs.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right person to join an innovative startup in London, where you’ll be contributing to building a business with a strong social mission.
- Own the end-to-end experience of the Provenance platform across all touch points
- Communicate service concepts and ideas effectively in a digital format
- Working with the team to understand the needs of our customers and end consumers
- Creating and iterating simple prototypes to test hypotheses about how Provenance can address those needs
- Manage the planning, scheduling and tracking of project timelines and milestones, ensuring project activities are performed on time and project outcomes are achieved
Who we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience delivering the full end to end service design experience for various clients as well as strong leadership experience.
- Experience working on services with strong digital (web and mobile) components.
- Experience working closely with user researchers to interpret findings and translate into clear service propositions.
- Capable of incorporating technical concepts such as smart tags and blockchains
- As you’ll be reporting to the CTO and working closely with our designers and developers, you’ll be comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Someone who is just as happy hacking something to test an idea as they are crafting a difficult solution that will provide users with the best possible experience
- Someone who shares our mission and is passionate about the same things we are.
- Someone collaborative and pragmatic in their approach. Getting stuck in to projects and keen to offer up knowledge and skills to other team members is a must.
- A lean approach to product development, prioritising experiments to help learning over blindly adding features
- Someone who keeps abreast of tech, creative and current trends in the market and is thinking of how to apply these for the benefit of our product and our customers
- Work in a fast-moving, startup environment with a smart, motivated team
- Exciting clients and a strong mission for social good
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and social events
- Travel opportunities depending on projects
- Training and development opportunities