Posted on 20 April 2017
Typographer at Brody AssociatesYour skillset and experience should include the ability to imagine, create, draw and ideate typeface design with a robust knowledge and technical competence to produce, master and deliver final fonts. You will be expected to produce work of a premium industry standard for a diverse range of clients, including studio-led publication. Your portfolio should include both personal self-initiated typeface designs and commercial typeface commissions. You should have a proven track record and ability to self-initiate, self-organise and be part of a small creative team as well as with other typographers and type experts. You should be a highly effective communicator and able to manage a project from concept to delivery. Dedication to your role and attention to detail in all aspects of your work.
The contract is for an initial 1-year period plus review, with intention by the Brody Associates team to extend beyond this period.
Work Experience and Requirements:
- Minimum 3 + years in an type focused agency or type foundry environment
- Permanent residence or ability to reside in the UK
- Minimum BA in a Visual Communications subject
- Minimum MA in Typography
- Typographers Circle – Type Directors Club membership or other industry credentials an advantage
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Korean or Japanese an advantage but not a requirement
Software and Skills:
- Glyphs or/and Fontlab essential
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) essential
- Good asset management and workflow management
- Working knowledge of MS Office (to include Powerpoint)