Posted on 20 April 2017
Junior Graphic Designer at Whistles LtdWhistles is a contemporary fashion brand, based in London. Whistles encapsulates an intelligent sense of design with timeless and luxurious pieces. Collections are modern and laid back with an attention to detail and quality.
Since its relaunch in 2008, Whistles has become a wardrobe staple for fashion editors and industry leaders, characterised by its contemporary and effortless style.
In September 2014, Whistles launched its hotly anticipated debut men’s collection. Contemporary design with modern utility, Whistles menswear is an edited collection that is both considered and versatile, combining understated looks with refined styling; produced to be relevant for work and leisure in the knowledge that what separates those worlds is becoming less defined.
The Junior Graphic Designer supports the Senior Graphic Designer in the digital design for the whistles website and its social and affiliate channels. As well as working across a range of print projects.
Whistles is a fun, creative and collaborative environment to work in and this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to gain new experiences, working with a passionate and friendly team.
In return we’ll provide you with a competitive salary and benefits package, the ability to participate in our Head Office bonus scheme and a generous staff discount.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Create weekly email marketing campaigns and website editorial
- Produce brand assets for the whistles website and its social channels
- Create a syndicate of brand assets for wholesale and affiliate partners
- Working across a range of printed project - In-store POS, assets for Visual Merchandising and develop packaging
- Ensure that image quality is at a maximum on all pages designed, as well as ensuring all fonts and type are readable on a range of web design requirements
- Develop designs which are commercially driven, customer focused and on brand across all our brand touchpoints
- Constantly research and present ideas from competitor analysis
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a fast paced e-Commerce environment, preferably within the fashion sector
- Excellent typographic skills
- Knowledge of Adobe CS6 including Photoshop, Illustrator & Indesign; Dreamweaver; HTML/XHTML; CSS; knowledge of SEO practice
- Knowledge of print processes and confident to liaise with suppliers
- Execute projects across both print and digital channels from concept to production
- Experience of CMS systems and confident in HTML
- Detail orientated, with the ability to multitask
- Commercially aware
- A real passion and understanding for our Brand
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Team player, sociable and remains calm under pressure