Posted on 20 April 2017
Office Coordinator at ArchimediaArchimedia (www.archimedia.com) is a creative and entrepreneurial investment company which builds start-up concepts and invests in fast-growth venture capital. Our commercial focus is on consumer brands within the realm of technology, media & telecoms, but we also have ‘passion projects’ in areas of culture and philanthropy. Archimedia was founded 7 years ago by John Hunt, a serially-successful entrepreneur who has built and sold businesses worth over £1bn in value.
Our main focus is currently SPYSCAPE: The future home of everything 'spy'... SPYSCAPE is an innovative new concept, being developed by an exceptional team of award-winning creators and subject-matter experts from around the world. When it launches in 2017, it will engage, entertain, educate and empower visitors across physical and digital channels. The project is still in ‘stealth mode’ but we will share details with promising candidates following receipt of a CV and Cover letter and the signing of an NDA.
The Office Coordinator will support the Spyscape team, ensuring they are equipped with what they need and playing a key role in creating team culture. They will also support on an ad hoc basis with a couple of Archimedia’s ongoing commercial and passion projects in wine and film. Reporting to the Strategy Director, they will be responsible for assisting with and - on occasion - managing a diverse variety of activities.
The successful candidate must be prepared to hit the ground running in a very dynamic working environment with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude - willing to learn as they go and taking on tasks wherever helpful. They need to have experience with providing administrative, bookkeeping and operational support to a busy office.
The role will also include website management, as well as carrying out financial administration for Archimedia’s portfolio companies and overseeing social media accounts. This is an exciting role for an extremely bright, adaptable and structured person who is keen to play a key administrative role in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Office management and operational support: including digital and physical filing, ordering stationary and technical equipment, setting up and managing supplier accounts, as well as logging team holiday requests and assisting with HR and operational contracts and paperwork.
- Financial administration: working with the CFO and the Company’s book-keepers: capture and upload all purchase invoices, manage company credit card and PayPal account - supporting staff purchases and ensuring VAT receipts are provided, ensure all staff expense claims are properly supported with documentation and this information is passed to the book-keepers, track all artefact and other fixed asset purchases and keep registers up to date and deal with any ad-hoc financial requests.
In addition, the role involves:
- Managing the social media channels for the film PALIO - (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) including creating organic and promoted posts and running two campaigns in the Summer.
- Managing and contributing content to two simple websites.
- Organise monthly team events - from social events to research trips.
- Managing a small ongoing schedule of film festivals and private screenings.
- Managing inventories and relationships with warehouses, suppliers and stakeholders.