Posted on 20 April 2017
Middleweight designer at Represent Recruitment Ltd.A world-leading fashion retailer is looking for a talented middleweight designer to join its London-based creative team.
The online company, which specialises in men's style, produces a variety of editorial assets that sit alongside products designed by the biggest names in fashion.
The ideal fashion-savvy candidate will have a demonstrable ability to produce eye-catching designs for editorial content, be comfortable taking on global projects from initial concept stages through to completion and have proven experience working on web design projects.
- To produce innovative, user-focused html solutions that are multifaceted and incorporate all of the elements of a great experience while being within style guidelines.
- To create mood boards and put together concepts for photo-shoots.
- Sophisticated sense of typography and an understanding of its relevance to a good design both online and offline.
- Should be aware of trends and new ideas and should be able to interpret those into fantastic creative.
- Ensure that image jpeg quality is at maximum on all pages designed as well as fonts and type are all readable on a range of web design requirements.
- Confident and happy working on HTML emails and promotional emails.
- Sourcing images as required.
- Development of technical skills to stay abreast of software changes.
- Retouching images as required.
- Supporting the Art Director.
Essential skills & requirements:
- Solid experience working across a range of web design projects from websites to new media and print.
- Proven Art Direction skills.
- Ability to work quickly from concept creation to finished product.
- Must be detail-oriented, deadline driven, and able to multi-task with solid organisational, time management, and follow through.
- Excellent Photoshop skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Illustrator and Indesign.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the editorial quality of the site.