Posted on 20 April 2017
Junior/Intermediate Web Designer at Eve SleepWho are we?
Launching back in February of 2015, eve began with one belief – that everybody deserves the perfect start.
As a VC startup brand we look to enhance people’s lives by making premium quality products that are affordable and hassle-free to own. Through our experience in e-commerce, selling over 75,000 mattresses online at a previous venture, we developed just one beautifully designed mattress that could only be purchased online. By doing this, we were able to change the landscape of the mattress industry, selling a premium quality product at a fraction of the price.
Since then we have released the pillow, the duvet and the sheets, with a view to continue to develop more premium lifestyle products as we move out of the bedroom and into our customer’s everyday lives. We view ourselves as more of a dynamic and awake brand rather than a sleep brand.
The company has seen rapid growth since our launch. Based out of our London head office, located right in the heart of Camden, we now serve markets right across Europe as well as north America.
So what’s the gig?
As the Jr/ Intermediate, Web Designer, you will be responsible for the look, layout and features of websites and occasionally some print material. Furthermore, you will be working with the development and product team to help with additions to the websites, keep sites up to date and prioritizing design needs. You’ll be reporting to the Lead Designer.
Day to day stuff:
- Create beautiful and user-friendly website designs
- Design pages independently, as well as working from templates
- Designing sample page layouts, including font size & colours
- Designing websites’ visual imagery and; ensuring they are in line with company branding policy
- Working on various web design projects including UI
- Quality assurance testing of all web projects
- Work closely with the development team for implementation & project management
- 2+ years’ experience of designing websites
- Have a strong creative side
- Adobe Photoshop (Advanced)
- Adobe illustrator & InDesign (Intermediate)
- Good understanding of UX
- A strong portfolio (with at least 3 website examples designed by you)
- Takes ownership of own tasks
- Source for innovative ideas
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of Responsive Design
- Experience with different CMS, such as WordPress and Magento2
- The opportunity to work with a young and dynamic start-up
- Competitive salary
- Private health care when probation is passed
- Hiit classes, yoga and community events in our shared office space, Interchange Atrium
- A free eve mattress and pillow*, and great discounts for family and friends
*When probation is passed
The bottom line
We're looking for grafters; self-starters who can keep up with the pace and want to make a difference. We're still a relatively small team, so there's no room for coasting along. We're a friendly bunch that’s happy to work hard. We're not afraid to get our hands dirty and we're all madly passionate about our brand. We also have a lot of fun too! So if you're ambitious, excel at what you do and you want to help fuel our success, then we'd love to hear from you.
How to ApplyPlease include your portfolio in your application, preferably a online version.