Posted on 20 April 2017
Editorial Assistant at Apartamento MagazineApartamento Magazine is looking to hire a full time Editorial Assistant to join its growing team in Barcelona.
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the Editorial Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the creation and editing of all necessary editorial assets across all Apartamento platforms, both print and digital. He/She will also be in charge of managing and maintaining our content and image archives and will help maintain strong relationships with key contributors.
The ideal candidate will also oversee all necessary content production for the Apartamento e-shop, including product photography shoots in and out of house, and will be responsible for all digital asset management. He/She will be required to work well autonomously as well as part of a team. Ability to conduct self-initiated research is important. The candidate must have a keen eye for detail as well as good organisational skills, both digitally and within the office. These aspects will need to be complimented with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
It is vital that the candidate has a very good working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Indesign and Photoshop, in order to interpret editorial briefs and help the Editorial Team execute graphics in line with brand guidelines.
This is an ideal position for someone with at least 1/2 years experience working in a professional, deadline-driven environment looking to progress quickly.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Impeccable communications skills: writing, content development, presentation
- Excellent command of spoken and written English, knowledge of Spanish and/or more languages welcome but not essential
- Must be detail-oriented, deadline driven, and able to multi-task with solid organisational, time management, and follow through.
- Very good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with possibly previous experience working in a creative studio
- Good working knowledge of WordPress and understanding of key social media platforms.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office and iWork packages.
- Passion for design & interiors and an enthusiasm for the magazine, with ability to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the editorial outputs.
How to ApplyPlease send us an email with your CV together with a portfolio or link to your writing/design work samples, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure the subject header is the following "EDITORIAL ASSISTANT - APRIL 2017" or your email might be missed.
Only suitable applicants will be contacted, although we will endeavour to reply to everyone.