Posted on 20 April 2017
Junior Video Editor at VICE UKRole: Junior Video Editor- Social (3 months FTC)
Reporting to: Head of Social- VICE Europe
VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels, a television and feature film production studio, a magazine, a record label, an in-house creative services agency, a book-publishing division and a new 24-hour TV channel, VICELAND, launched in in the UK and Ireland in September 2016.
VICE.com is seeking a talented Junior Video Editor to work with our socials team on creating video content specifically designed for mobile audiences. We’re seeking a professional who is not only just a talented editor, but someone who has a strong editorial sense for short-form storytelling and visual communication.
- Create daily video assets
- Reversion video assets and optimise for mobile specifications
- Identify key scenes or moments from feature length documentaries
- Ensure all subtitles are written to company specifications
- Liaise with Production and Marketing departments on programming
- Coordinate archiving of video assets for international distribution
- Masterful use of Adobe CS
- Experience of designing for mobile experiences
- Ability to work under strict daily deadlines
- Precise attention to detail
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Good understanding of social platforms
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for the VICE brand and it’s editorial mission
- To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time
- To be an ambassador for the business at all times.
How to ApplyTo apply please email a brief cover note and CV, with the reference “Junior Video Editor - Social” in the subject line to: email@example.com. Please include your notice period and salary expectations in your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.