Posted on 20 April 2017
Motion Graphics Designer - Social at VICE UKRole: Motion Graphics Designer- Social
Reporting to: Head of Social- VICE Europe
VICE is the world’s preeminent youth media company and content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries and distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers across digital, linear, mobile, film and socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels, a television and feature film production studio, a magazine, a record label, an in-house creative services agency, a book-publishing division and a new 24-hour TV channel, VICELAND, launched in in the UK and Ireland in September 2016.
VICE.com is seeking a talented motion graphics designer to work with our socials team on creating content specifically designed for mobile audiences. We’re seeking a professional who is not only just a talented motion graphics designer but someone who has a strong editorial sense for short-form storytelling and visual communication.
- Create unique assets for a daily output
- Conceptualise, develop and create new and interesting storytelling formats
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager on content selection and programming calendar
- Find innovate and creative ways to improve performance through design; use analytics to inform creative decisions and evaluate performance
- Work with the Marketing Manager to write strong, effective copy
- Keep abreast of competitor's use of social platforms
- Masterful use of Adobe CS
- Motion graphics, UX and interactive design experience
- Solid experience of designing for mobile experiences
- Ability to work under strict daily deadlines
- Impeccable design and presentation skills
- Precise attention to detail
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Illustration and 3D experience a plus
- Strong conceptual thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of vertical/mobile content
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for the VICE brand and it’s editorial mission
- To undertake such other tasks including general administrative duties as may be required from time to time
- To be an ambassador for the business at all times.
How to ApplyTo apply please email a portfolio of work and CV, with the reference “Motion GFX Designer - Social” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your notice period and salary expectations in your application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying and we wish you success in your future career.