Posted on 11 May 2017
Mid-weight Graphic Designer at Sponge UKWould you like to work with, and learn from, some of the best Illustrators, Web and Graphic
Designers within the digital learning industry?
Would you like to be continually challenged and inspired to learn and grow as you develop your career further with an organisation voted one of England’s Most Creative Companies?
Then Sponge UK could be the perfect fit for you!
Due to continued success and growth, we’re looking for another outstanding middleweight
Graphic Designer to join our award-winning team in the beautiful coastal town of Plymouth.
The ideal candidate will have a solid foundation in visual design, along with a true passion for
delivering consistently creative results using the latest technologies and innovations.
- Participate at the highest level in designing themes and concepts for digital courses
- Design a suite of intuitive page layouts and assets per project to the highest standard
- Brief and advise Developers and Content Writers about designs during the course of the project, ensuring consistency is kept
- Provide support to any junior members of the department if problems or issues arise
- Work alongside the Sales department to provide creative support on pitches for prospective clients
- Be answerable to the Senior Graphic Designer and Managers of a project
- Liaise with our Marketing department, providing support for internal and external projects for Sponge UK
Essential skills and qualities:
As well as being experienced, extremely driven and having a desire to grow their skills and career further, the ideal Designer for Sponge UK will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in design
- Have good experience in a commercial environment, working in the design industry - reporting progress to the designated project manager
- Have the ability to work unsupervised managing time and prioritising workloads with confidence and efficiency
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organisation skills
- Illustrator and Photoshop along with knowledge of website design / UI / UX
- Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge of responsive web design and multi-touch devices
- User interface design
Why join us?
To learn more about our award winning company and to find out what it’s like to work for us, please visit our careers page.
If you think you would like to join the Sponge team, we’d love to hear from you!
How to ApplyPlease send us your CV and portfolio along with a cover letter that contains a brief explanation as to why you think you would be the perfect candidate for the role to the following link
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be required to carry out a design test as part of the application process.