Posted on 11 May 2017
Middleweight Digital Designer at Represent Recruitment LtdOur client is a multi-disciplinary creative agency, making distinctly human products and experiences for some of the world’s most interesting and innovative companies - including Adidas & Coca-Cola.
You’ll have a deep passion for digital products and services and will be able to tackle complex briefs, transforming them into intuitive, accessible, and beautiful designs that connect emotionally with people. Whether it’s a brand website, software application or consumer electronics device
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Design and develop outstanding digital experiences across a wide variety of screen-based and physical mediums. You envision how people experience products and bring that vision to life in an innovative way that gets to the heart of what the users wants.
- Think of ideas as a system, effectively communicating concepts through digital prototypes, visualisations, use-case scenarios and experience wireframes.
- Create high-quality visual design work, from early concepts through to detailed guidelines and prototypes, liaising with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented accurately and on schedule.
- Help users successfully navigate ideas by combining iconography, typography, colour, space, and texture.
- Collaborate in an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, brand strategists, project managers, and clients.
- Stay on the cusp of new technologies, processes and industry developments as well as educating and informing your peers on digital ways of working.
- Experience at a creative agency.
- A degree in Visual Communications or a related design discipline with a focus on digital interaction design.
- Graphics background with website, application and motion design experience with a strong empathy for visual design, making great-looking products that people love to use.
- An accomplished portfolio of innovative and creative work that spans varied sectors and customer touch-points including areas such as mobile interfaces, apps, web and ecommerce, TV interface and automotive.
- Confident working across multiple platforms; Mobile, Tablet, Desktop, TV & POS touch screen, IFE displays.)
- An understanding that motion design helps to tell a product’s story, guiding users, improving usability and making the experience responsive and fun.
- Familiarity with Android and IOS design standards and knowledge of web usability standards.
- Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, After Effects, inVision and Framer (or similar) and quick to learn new technologies and skills.