Posted on 15 May 2017
In-House Graphic Designer at Canvas8We are Canvas8, the UK’s leading behavioural insights practice. We help organisations grow through a better understanding of people. Our award-winning insights inspire clients like Channel 4, Mother London, MTV, Nike, The Gates Foundation and Samsung.
Supported by our network of experts, from TED speakers to MIT fellows, and underpinned by innovative research methods, we work at the intersection of behavioural science, business and creativity to understand human behaviour.
Every day, our thinking helps people to build something new – whether that’s a new product or a new television show. We are passionate about understanding human behaviour and are looking for a designer who can bring our work to life in a way that inspires.
This role is about finding creative ways to visually communicate insights as well as acting as guardian to the Canvas8 visual brand. From designing dynamic layouts to offering creative design solutions to business challenges, you will be expected to lead the design process from start to finish.
Working closely with the senior team, your primary responsibilities will be:
1) Maintaining and enhancing the visual strength of the Canvas8 online library:
- Interpreting our research into strong visuals(data visualisation, infographics)
- Sourcing images for articles and maintaining a database of visual assets
- Developing new content formats and webpage designs to improve UX
2) Developing visual solutions to enhance Canvas8’s output:
- Presentations, bespoke reports, brand identities for varied projects
- Event materials, marketing ideas, event invitations
- Documents and templates for internal use
We believe in design thinking – this is more than making something look pretty. It’s about designing solutions, inspiring people and delivering work that makes sense. Our style is clean, minimal and pared back and we hope yours is too.
You’ll be enthusiastic and have meticulous attention to detail. You’ll have a broad skill-set, an open mind and share our willingness to get stuck in. You’ll be able to communicate your ideas clearly and build on the ideas of others. You’ll also know how to work collaboratively and give and take constructive criticism.
You’ll have some previous experience in a similar role and be looking to take on more responsibility in your position. At Canvas8 we’re a close-knit team where each member carries a great deal of responsibility and autonomy and as we start to build our design team there is an opportunity to develop quickly within our ever-evolving business.
- 2 - 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience working on both live client briefs and in-house brand development
- A degree / HND in graphic design or related subject
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
- Premier Pro & After Effects skills beneficial
- Experience in branding, print and digital design
- Strong understanding of editorial design, typography for print and digital
- Art-working for production; understand technical requirements for print
- Able to visualise data and create compelling infographics
- Strong eye for photography, and able to interpret concepts through image
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accountable and reliable, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with experience juggling multiple projects at once
- Ability to interpret business / commercial briefs into multimedia design
- Location: Farringdon
- Start date: Immediately
- Salary: £24k - £26k per annum (Dependent on experience)
How to ApplyIf you think you’d be a good fit, please email email@example.com outlining why and attaching your CV and a portfolio of your recent work.
Thank you for your interest. We’re looking forward to meeting you.