Posted on 16 May 2017
Motion Designer at The TelegraphThe Telegraph are looking for a highly creative Motion Designer, to work as part of a team launching a new digital product. Be part of a design team where experimentation and learning is encouraged, at a pivotal moment in this exciting project.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating short visual stories, in an innovative and highly creative manner
- Working to fast paced deadlines on an edition based product
- Collaborating with Graphic Designers, Video Editors, Editors and Journalists to brainstorm and storyboard short stories for the day’s’ topics.
- Working closely with Graphic Designers to bring stories to life, in a short, snappy, highly visual format
- Working with the Design Director, to develop an industry leading approach on this platform
NB: As you’ll be working in a newsroom, you’ll need to be willing to work some early
mornings, and occasional weekends.
- Have a strong set of animation skills and be fiercely creative with it
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, working as part of a team
- Be interested in current affairs and have a passion for telling stories
- Know your Instagram Stories from your Snapchats
- Be energetic, have an appetite for experimentation and a good sense of fun
- Have an open minded and receptive approach to innovating and iterating your designs.
- Know your way around Adobe After Effects and Premiere, as well as the basics of Illustrator and Photoshop
How to ApplyPlease send your CV along with examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a freelance position for 2–3 months, with the possibility to become a permanent role.