Posted on 16 May 2017
Designer at The TelegraphThe Telegraph are looking for a highly creative, visual storyteller to work as part of a team launching a new digital product. Be part of a design team where experimentation and learning is encouraged, at a pivotal moment in this exciting project.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating short visual stories, in an innovative and highly creative manner
- Working to fast paced deadlines on an edition based product
- Collaborating with Motion Designers, Video Editors, Editors and Journalists to brainstorm and storyboard short stories for the day’s topics
- Working closely with Motion Designers to design stories, and bring them to life in a short, snappy, highly visual format
- Working with the Design Director, to develop an industry leading approach on this platform.
NB: As you’ll be working in a newsroom, you’ll need to be willing to work some early
mornings, and occasional weekends.
- Have a strong set of design skills – great typography, an eye for colour, and be fiercely creative with it.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, working as part of a team
- Be interested in current affairs and have a passion for telling stories
- Know your Instagram Stories from your Snapchats
- Be energetic, have an appetite for experimentation and a good sense of fun
- Have an open minded and receptive approach to innovating and iterating your designs
- Know your way around Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and be able to dabble in After Effects
How to ApplyPlease send your CV along with examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a freelance position for 2–3 months, with the possibility to become a permanent role.