Posted on 16 May 2017
Writer/Researcher at ContagiousRole Purpose:
To source and research campaigns, trends and innovations in marketing, and write articles.The work undertaken by this role contributes primarily towards the Contagious I/O research platform and our quarterly magazine.Reporting to the Editor and working as part of the editorial team, your time will largely be split between writing and research duties.
- Write I/O stories each week and articles for Contagious Magazine each quarter.
- Interview, either in person or on the phone.
- Attend and contribute to daily editorial meetings.
- Select and suggest campaigns, stories and topics which are timely and relevant to Contagious, based on work submitted to the company and your own web research.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant news and developments and share knowledge with the editorial team.
- Meet with agencies and PR companies, and build PR contacts globally.
Key Performance Indicators
- Submitting copy on time which requires minimal amount of corrections or additions at the proofing stage.
- Ensuring coverage of relevant material across sectors and territories.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of ad industry.
- Genuine interest and curiosity around advertising and emerging technologies.
- Some writing experience.
- Outstanding organisational skills
This role would best suit a junior planner looking to flex their writing muscles or someone with writing experience and a proven interest in marketing and technology.