Posted on 18 May 2017
Product Designer (UX/UI) at Founders FactoryWe’re a new model in launching early stage technology businesses. Together with some of the most forward thinking corporates in the world, we build genuinely new and innovative products, drive early traction for these products and then align top teams to build disruptive businesses. Our founding team includes technology entrepreneurs who have built companies with aggregate valuations measured in the multiple billions of dollars and who have founded some of the most recognised and out-sized technology businesses in Europe. Over the next five years, Founders Factory will build and scale over 200 early stage technology companies across multiple sectors.
As Product Designer at Founders Factory, you’ll be working together with a team of designers, developers and product people to rapidly turn ideas into not only new products, but entirely new businesses. Your responsibility will be to create high-quality design work, from initial concepts, through prototypes, to detailed specifications as a part of an iterative approach to product development.
You’re skilled at crafting beautiful, intuitive interfaces on a variety of platforms but also enjoy diving deeper into the product design process and solving big problems - whilst also delighting users and stakeholders. You’ll be able to balance detail and simplicity, in order to create experiences that users love. You’ll need to be able to respond and thrive in an ever-changing, fast moving environment, and be passionate about shipping products, not just about designing them.
You have a curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick, but have the ability to focus on process and look at things from a business point of view. You should love building products that users rave about and working across different projects with lots of competing priorities in rapid pace. You should thrive in a startup environment and subscribe to lean methodologies and principles of product development. You consider yourself an expert on at least one aspect of design, and have the ability to share that deep knowledge in verbal and written form with others.
As our Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Leading visual and interaction design for our incubated businesses in the EdTech, Media, Beauty and FinTech sectors
- Building prototypes to test your designs in the hands of real users
- Investigating and experimenting with new technologies, tools, and design languages in order to continuously improve your skills and productivity
- Working as an advisor on design and strategy to companies and teams in the accelerator
- Drive innovation, visual consistency and creativity across our business
- Work with rest of the design and product team to act as thought leaders and to establish a strong external presence for design at Founders Factory
- Advise on all aspects of design including branding, typography, service design and marketing
As our Product Designer, you will possess the following skills, competencies and experience:
- Able to identify market opportunities and help define product vision and strategy
- Experience in customer facing product design across at least two industry verticals (e.g. financial services, retail, gaming)
- Demonstrate a proven track record in delivering successful products that users love from ideation to launch
- Be structured in your approach to understanding users, and frame design decisions around your findings
- Intense focus on production value and attention to detail, showcasing a portfolio of products both beautiful and functional
- At least three years of design experience in roles demonstrating leadership and ingenuity
Ideal candidates would also possess:
- Experience designing for wearable, AR, VR or non-traditional devices and platforms.
- Exposure to branding, print design, service design or other non-software outputs
- A track record of contributing to the design community at large in an area of expertise