Posted on 19 May 2017
Visual Communicator, Graphic Illustrator & Designer at forpeopleWe are looking for a Graphic Illustrator & Designer to join our team. Experience in a multi-disciplinary agency environment is preferable. You will have a process driven portfolio of experimental, mixed-media work, produced for a range of clients and industries that really wows us.
We’re looking for bold, concept-led illustration that can distill complex ideas and themes into simple, yet powerful pieces of visual communication. Not afraid to challenge convention (or yourself), your approach is diverse, with no set ‘style’ and always with craft at its heart.
Depending on the project, you should expect to:
- Be called upon to deliver a range of diverse illustrative styles
- Working in both digital and analog mediums as and when required
- Experiment, challenge the brief and yourself in your outcomes
- Proactively contribute to the concept design/development of new graphic, product & service solutions for our clients
- Contribute towards strategic thinking and graphic elements of several projects concurrently, ensuring you proactively -push the boundaries of the 2D design process
- Use graphic processes & 2D software expertise to communicate effectively your own & your team's concept designs for new product & service solutions
- Apply technical/professional expertise to client issues
- Bring fresh and innovative design ideas, providing meaningful insight to enhance overall project quality
- Manage 2D assets for both clients & forpeople
- Oversee materials, production and finishing
- Work collaboratively with other designers and associate directors
- Communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues and third parties when working on projects
- Work as a member of a client team, developing strong client relationships by understanding their needs and business processes
- Contribute to internal and client creative workshops
- Execute and craft design to a superior standard within time and budget constraints
- Champion creative excellence at all times
Who we are:
Forpeople is a multi-disciplinary creative agency, making distinctly human products and experiences for some of the world’s most interesting and innovative companies - including Adidas, British Airways, Coca-Cola, Herman Miller and Intercontinental Hotels Group.
Founded in 2004, today we’re an intensely collaborative group of over eighty specialists, working together in a remarkable old pickle factory in South London across projects that span industrial design, strategy & insight, interiors, forecasting, user experience and brand communications.
Our work is wide-reaching and ever-changing, yet always anchored by a single, simple focus. People. Because ultimately, if design isn’t for people, then who is it for?
Who we’d like to find
Since 2004, we’ve grown from only four to over eighty by finding the right people – people that don’t only slot right into our studio culture, but bring something incredible to it.
This role requires:
- A degree in graphic design or other relevant creative subject
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary creative agency
- A developing portfolio of innovative and creative design work
- An understanding of the 2D design & production processes
- Excellent knowledge of 2D design software (Adobe Creative Suite)
You’ll stand out if, like us, you:
- Have a thirst for knowledge
- Are creative, optimistic and entrepreneurial
- Are driven to succeed, decisive and can dependably deliver
- Are collaborative, influential and respectful of values
What we offer
People mean the world to us. That includes looking after our own, with things like:
- Global clients and world-class work
- A competitive salary
- A strong bonus and benefits package, reflecting both company and personal performance
- Training, support and personal career development
- A generous company pension
- A unique, inspiring working environment filled with incredible, like-minded people
- A frankly ludicrous snack cupboard and a culture like no other