Posted on 19 May 2017
Marketing Manager at LeeFest & WildfireWe are looking for a dynamic, fast moving, strategic marketing manager to take over the marketing for 2 summer festivals from an existing team member that is needing to leave. Initially offered as a temporary position from June to September; there will be the option to extend it to a permanent position following completion.
LeeFest is a music and arts festival that takes place in Kent each summer. The festival’s rebellious beginning and unique story has been of great interest to the UK press, and has given the event an inimitable atmosphere. LeeFest’s investment in new music has seen it host major names very early in their careers; London Grammar, Bastille, Years & Years, Jack Garratt and Public Service Broadcasting amongst others. The festival is now rapidly growing in size and stature, and in the past couple of years has been recognised with several industry awards, in particular following the festival’s move to a new stunning location and the introduction of an immersive Neverland theme. (www.leefest.org)
Wildfire Adventure Camp is the world’s first Questival: half adventure camp, half music festival for adults only! Built for inquisitive, intrepid adults; by day, Wildfire is a bustling camp full of expeditions, bushcraft, artistry, engineering, and adventure sports. As darkness falls, the forest transforms into a glittering Wildfire of music and festivity. The debut Wildfire received storming reviews from Vice, The Independent, and The Telegraph and was awarded ‘Best New Festival’ at the AIF Awards and ‘Best Small Festival’ at the UK Festival Awards. (www.campwildfire.co.uk)
You will join a small, young and energetic team of entrepreneurs. You will take over the delivery of the festival marketing strategies from an existing team member that is having to leave. You will have the chance to inject your own ideas and expertise as you plan and manage the final months of our marketing campaigns. The aim of the campaigns is to deliver the final ticket sales for the 2017 events, and the first ticket sales for the 2018 events.
You will be involved in high-level creative and strategic work, agency and freelancer management and day-to-day admin. You will be encouraged to learn and develop your marketing skills as you work with us. You will experience the fast paced highs and lows of the entertainment industry, and be rewarded with an unmatched sense of achievement when you attend the festivals you helped create this summer.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for marketing and festivals.
- Be eager to join a young, dynamic events company and work hard and fast to market the events with high impact in the final few months.
- Be extremely organised, with a mind for developing efficient work processes.
- Want to develop the marketing manager role and the festivals approach to marketing in their short time onboard.
- Be confident and willing to use creative methods to sell the uniqueness of the events.
- Be friendly, kind and a good communicator.
- Want to use the opportunity to proactively learn, develop their marketing skills and knowledge.
- Be flexible to sometimes work outside office hours.
- Be comfortable working in festival conditions (outdoors and away from home comforts in tented accommodation for 7 days).
The successful candidate will receive support from:
- An existing marketing plan as a starting point.
- An experienced in house creative director and marketing intern.
- A strong network of marketing agencies, freelancers and partners.
- Flexible budgets and cashflow.
- Two well respected festival brands with long successful histories.
- Existing photo and video content.
- An entrepreneurial work environment supportive of risk taking and innovation.
- The outgoing marketing manager, who will be available for advice and support where needed.
Location: Brixton, London
Time: Monday to Friday full time. Flexibility in exact hours.
Start & End Date: Thursday 1st June to Friday 1st September 2017
Finance: £8,000 to £11,000 project fee depending on experience. (£31,000 to £42,000 per annum pro rata.)
Perks: More free festivals and gigs than you could possibly attend!
Essential Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Must have experience in a marketing management position
- Must have experience managing budgets in excess of £50,000
- Must have experience in planning marketing and communications strategy
- Must have experience managing marketing and branding agencies and freelancers
- Must have experience running social media on behalf of a brand
- Must have experience managing large scale digital advertising campaigns across multiple networks including Facebook, Google, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram (in collaboration with specialist agencies and freelancers).
- Must have experience managing national, digital and local PR campaigns (in collaboration with specialist agencies).
- Must have experience managing regional print media, outdoor media, poster, sticker and flyer campaigns (in collaboration with specialist agencies).
- Must have experience conducting ROI analysis on marketing spends
- Must have previously attended UK music festivals
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- A degree in a relevant discipline
- Experience in a festival/music marketing department
- Experience of professional project management
- Experience project managing the delivery of social media content using in house and freelance designers, photographers and videographers.
- Experience negotiating and managing marketing partnerships.
- Experience in conducting customer and prospect research
- Experience managing a team of interns or volunteers
- Experience of working onsite at live events
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Basic HTML knowledge and Wordpress knowledge
- Experience managing relationships with Artists, Partners and Sponsors for marketing purposes
- Knowledge of London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex & Brighton music and arts scenes
Planning and Implementing Marketing Strategy:
- Authorship of a marketing plan for the period 1st June to 1st Sep 2017 for LeeFest & Wildfire. This marketing plan will cover the final months of ticket sales for the 2017 events and the first ticket sales for the 2018 events.
- Overseeing implementation of the marketing plan from 1st June to 1st Sep 2017
- Management of the festival marketing budgets, with control over spending of remaining marketing budgets.
- Management of agency and freelance marketing team (eg PR agencies, digital marketing agencies, web developers, designers, photographers)
- Management of in house marketing intern
- Organise and oversee major announcements, ensuring that all possible channels are used to support them in a timely fashion with the correct assets
- Co-planning and implementation of marketing events and stunts, both formal and guerrilla campaigns
- Procurement and distribution of marketing materials
- Managing the print advertising, flyering and postering campaigns for LeeFest & Wildfire locally and nationally
- Organising customer and prospect research
Content and Artwork:
- Managing the creation of marketing content, using every opportunity the festival process provides to capture and create strong creative content
- Managing the creation of marketing artwork for digital and print marketing activities
- Keeping marketing content and artwork organised and protected
- Managing the distribution of marketing artwork and content through festival owned channels
- Syndicating marketing content with appropriate partners and press
Managing Festival Marketing Channels:
- Plan content for festival marketing channels to support the marketing plan.
- Manage the festival websites content and conversion optimisation.
- Festival mailouts: compiling and copywriting public and internal mailouts as part of the marketing plan.
- Responding to all complaints/congratulations/questions via emails and social media.
- Manage partner needs within festival marketing channels.
Managing Third Party Marketing Channels:
- Build relationships with new third party marketing channels (artists, collectives, activity leaders, collaborators, media partners, ticketers, venues, pubs, shops, record shops, record labels, friends, local businesses)
- Manage new and existing third party marketing channels (artists, collectives, activity leaders, collaborators, media partners, ticketers, venues, pubs, shops, record shops, record labels, friends, local businesses) exploring the best possible way to speak to their audience about LeeFest & Wildfire.
- Plan and create assets for third party promotion, ensuring that LeeFest & Wildfire have an exciting presence on all possible channels and listings.
- Manage local marketing relationships ie. record shops, venues, bars, schools, sports centres, clubs, etc.
- Oversee all ticket outlets for marketing purposes.
- Setting up of goal tracking and other data collection for suitable ROI analysis on marketing spends.
- Mailing list and social network data collection, collation and analysis to tell us about the LeeFest & Wildfire audience.
- Manage and maintain good relationships with key publications and journalists, and inviting them to cover the festival or major news announcements.
- Management of the appointed press agency for the festivals, creating stories and briefing and approving press releases.
- Management of press accreditation applications, and management of press whilst present onsite at the festival.
- Post festival press release and coverage management.
- Ensuring the LeeFest & Wildfire brands are always used within the brand guidelines and protecting it from misuse or misrepresentation.
During the festival:
- Social media plan and management.
- Digital advertising for 2018 events ongoing during 2017 festival period
- Onsite print campaigns for 2018 events
- Conducting customer research and engaging with customers
Managing Internal Communications:
- Compile weekly/monthly/yearly marketing and sales reports for the festival directors
- Compile weekly, inter-departmental, internal bulletins
Post Production Evaluation:
- Post festival marketing evaluation compilation.
- Audience data collection and collation.
Working With The Directors:
- Planning marketing strategy.
- Planning personal development goals, training sessions and workshops.
- Assisting the directors with administrative tasks of the company if needed.
How to ApplyPlease send a covering letter no longer than 300 words and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 12:00 on Friday 26th May.
Interviews will take place between the 29th and 30th May.
Early applications will receive an early reply. Please state your availability for interview, and confirm your ability to start on the 1st June in your cover letter.